PDA

View Full Version : Goofy ?

SocalT
05-23-2010, 01:48 PM
Okay I just purchased my new RT-S SE, should be ready for p/u on Wenesday. Okay now for the question the only I thing I love more than this new purchase is my addiction to golf. Anyone able to get a golfbag on the back of one of these things.

No money or room for a 622 trailer.

Cheers

Tony:2excited::2thumbs:

SpyderWolf
05-23-2010, 02:34 PM
welcome and :congrats: on your new RT.

I am not a golfer so have no idea how to carry your bag, except for maybe finding a way to strap it to the back seat. :dontknow:

retired1
05-23-2010, 03:17 PM
:congrats: and welcome. I don't recall any posts on golf clubs, but "necessity is the mother of invention". I'm sure some member of the forum will be able to assist you with an idea or two.

tea6638
05-23-2010, 03:48 PM
welcome and :congrats: Ride Safe

CSX4350
05-23-2010, 05:15 PM
A friend with an HD trike found a hard case that holds a full golf bag and has a square tube that mounts into a standard motorcycle receiver hitch. He is currently travelling around the country in his bus (towing the trike) as he does every summer, I can try to send him an e-mail and ask for manufacturer and such on the case if you want.

scudrunner
05-23-2010, 09:32 PM
I've been mulling this over myself, but I'd have to find a way to put 2 bags on. My wife will NOT let me go alone. I'm even contemplating a small utility trailer.

NancysToy
05-23-2010, 09:59 PM
The hitch idea may be your only hope. Easier on a machine without the integrated bags and topcase. I have seen a BMW with an accessory rack mounted to the frame and across the passenger seat. This held a hard plactic case for his clubs (carried sideways). This would be much easier on the RS. Several possibilities there. I'd look for a good used trailer. It would not have to be the RT-622, A Bushtec or anything else long enough for the clubs would do. Even a bare naked trailer frame from Harbor Freight would hold golf clubs.

TOM T.
05-23-2010, 10:25 PM
Try this with a hitch.
http://www.drivelikeapro.com/home.html

CSX4350
05-23-2010, 11:05 PM
that's exactly what my friend has right there, the Autolinx golf bag.

You can also look at this one, it holds two bags and should work on an RT.

http://www.golf-hitch.com/vehicles.html

Here's a home/shop made one on the ST owners forum.

http://www.st-owners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82360

These ideas should get you going.

frank3
05-24-2010, 07:15 AM
I place my golf bag (inside a travle cover) cross ways on the passenger seat and use bunge cords to hold it in place. Tie the bag down passing the bunge cords through the passenger grips. Works great, makes a great backrest but---have to remove it at every gas stop. I'm planning a trip to boulder,CO to play golf with my brother and tried it out during a short golf trip (about 100 mile round trip). NOW go hit the ball, find it and hit it again.:yes:

SocalT
05-24-2010, 08:32 AM
Thanks to all for pointing me in the right direction, two more days and I will be RYDING!!

wcc002
07-15-2010, 03:07 AM
Anybody use this on an RT? Can the brake lights be seen? Do you need to move your license plate? Do you recommend it for general cargo space for weekend trips where a full trailer wouldn't be needed? http://www.drivelikeapro.com/pages/detail_motorcycles.html
(http://www.drivelikeapro.com/pages/detail_motorcycles.html)

SocalT
07-15-2010, 04:02 AM
I could be wrong, but the hitch that BRP sells looks like it is all one piece no receiver with the ball that goes on amd off. If I am correct than something like this will not work

canam9
07-15-2010, 03:00 PM
I could be wrong, but the hitch that BRP sells looks like it is all one piece no receiver with the ball that goes on amd off. If I am correct than something like this will not work
You are correct, the unit is one piece.No reciver.Butwelcomean:congrats::ani29:

retired1
07-15-2010, 05:50 PM
Mels Monster Garage makes a Reese style hitch that works well on the RS or RT. I had one on my RTS until I had to buy the BRP hitch to get the correct trailer harness. I liked yhe adjustability of the MMG hitch. For warranty reasons I put the BRP hitch om the bike.

spyder77
07-15-2010, 09:47 PM
I place my golf bag (inside a travle cover) cross ways on the passenger seat and use bunge cords to hold it in place. Tie the bag down passing the bunge cords through the passenger grips. Works great, makes a great backrest but---have to remove it at every gas stop. I'm planning a trip to boulder,CO to play golf with my brother and tried it out during a short golf trip (about 100 mile round trip). NOW go hit the ball, find it and hit it again.:yes:

Get a Corbin seat w/gas filler flap.:ohyea:

Questions
07-28-2010, 01:27 AM
I have a auto linx and really liked it on my goldwing trike but havent used in on the SpYder.:spyder2: wanna buy it?

SemperFiSpyder
07-28-2010, 07:52 AM
Congratulations on your purchase and upcoming delivery. Great to see another San Diego area Spyder rider. :congrats:

ARtraveler
07-28-2010, 10:48 AM
:congrats: on your new :spyder2: ride.