PDA

View Full Version : Best dealers for service near Ocala,FL?

Recon
05-23-2010, 10:33 AM
Just got new rts from Ridenow in Ocala, but after riding 3 of their spyders(trans shattered on first one, loaner kept stalling, and this one seems ok so far) i am not sure their mechanics really know how to service spyders. I have 300+ miles on it now and need to find a reliable dealer to do my 600 mile service and any future warranty needs.
Secondly, will i need to leave spyder with dealer for 600 mile, or is it a while you wait type service?

Thanks for your help
Recon and Pansyrose

MoonChaser213
05-23-2010, 12:59 PM
welcome We're neighbors! I agree with you about Ride NOw. Even though Lance (in the service dept.)assures me they know what they are doing, I bought a Honda from them and tried to trade for used orange Spyder they had there, but didn't . Got the Honda for sell now. I only put 644 on the Honda in 2 years. I put 1700 miles on the Spyder in 2 months. I think I needed that extra wheel.

Recon
05-23-2010, 07:22 PM
I live near Orange Lake and work at Lockheed in Silver Springs Shores which is about 50 mile round trip, so i figure to pile up a few miles quickly. Wife likes to ride back roads so we will probably see you somewhere in the forest in the future.

spydershusband
05-23-2010, 08:00 PM
My wife and I live in Ocala and she just bought her RT-S from First Coast Honda in St Augistine two weeks . We took it back there for the 600 mi service yesterday. They have exceeded our expectation with the deal and service thus far. We weren't exactly excited about the 10 weeks it took for it to come in but that was probably beyond their control. It was a 2.5 hour job and the estimate was $270 but we bought the extended service warrenty so there was no charge. We had an appointment to also have the CB installed but they had some issues the day before and were behind, and couldn't make it happen. So they are coming to Ocala, on their dime, to pick it to get that done next week. I hate to say it but I've never heard anything about the Ocala dealership.

MoonChaser213
05-24-2010, 02:54 PM
.........I'm always tempted to "open her up" but there is so much wildlife running around, I dare not. Anytime ya'll want Spyder Ryder company, give me a holler. I'm going up to Keystone Thursday to have Ken, krb1945,show me how to change oil and check out some problems I'v been having. My Spyder is acting tempermental. Will start sometimes but not all the time. I know I'll need a good Spyder dealer sometime as I bought mine used. I do Love my Full Moon Spyder and the SpyderLovers site:clap:welcome RYDE RYDE RYDE

Recon
05-25-2010, 07:59 PM
sounds good moonchaser, we are taking the rv up to Ga this weekend to pick up a 7x12 enclosed trailer to use as a hauler and garage to keep everything out of the weather when we are home. Will get back to you when we return and see if we can get together and ride.

Recon
05-25-2010, 08:10 PM
spyderhusband that sounds like we should go to st. augustine and get it serviced. 2.5 hr wait is not long and it would be a nice ride up there. Were you satisfied with the service on your 600 mile? Any problems with your RTS other than the servicing? This is 3rd one i have ridden out of Ocala shop and so far this one seems to be OK. First one had 200 mi on it and trans light came on between Ocala and Anthony; I called them and was told to bring it in on Monday and they would check the codes to see what was wrong...Monday am, i started down there with wife following and trans shattered...$155. tow that wasnt reimbursed and they said to ride new RT off their floor and they would build me a new one...this one had the stalling/surge problem when coming to a stop. Week later we got a brand new RTS and so far been ok, but a bit leary of their mechanical abilities and their integrity.

spydershusband
05-30-2010, 07:32 AM
We were very satisifed with St Augistine and the 600 mi service. It surged twice prior to being serviced but no issues since. We are on the way back from Milledgeville this weekend so it's up to about 1300 miles.

MoonChaser213
05-30-2010, 07:56 AM
,,,,I want to hear more about biker1. I would NEVER give my money to a dealership that did this. THey need to make good this very bad deal.:spyder:

Recon
06-06-2010, 02:45 PM
the first one they delivered to me off the showroom floor had 200 mi that i didnt notice until i was out the door. i rode 2 trips around their lot to get acclimated to it and had to rev to almost 3500 to get it to move. i thought it may just be that the byke was heavy and was a bit different than what i was use to on other motorcycles. I took delivery and was about 2 miles from dealer when trans light went on; stopped and called salesman who talked to tech and told me to just go on home (20 miles) and bring it back on monday so they could check the codes. OK, got up early on monday to ride back down there and got a mile from my house and lost power; pulled to the side and my wife following me pulled up behind me with her windshield covered with oil. Called tow truck because dealer was not open yet and they carted me to dealer for $155.

So, to end this, i was out the$155. but they did replace the byke a week later with one with 0 miles on it.

Another subject...was that you and 2 other RT's that i saw coming over the RR crossing in Anthony about 10am today(Sunday)

MoonChaser213
06-06-2010, 08:08 PM
Never rode with another Spyder. But you are very likely to see me in Citra or Anthony. That is one beautiful Spyder you have ther, Recon. Love the blue.:2thumbs:

Lilly
06-14-2010, 11:35 PM
My wife and I live in Ocala and she just bought her RT-S from First Coast Honda in St Augistine two weeks . We took it back there for the 600 mi service yesterday. They have exceeded our expectation with the deal and service thus far. We weren't exactly excited about the 10 weeks it took for it to come in but that was probably beyond their control. It was a 2.5 hour job and the estimate was $270 but we bought the extended service warrenty so there was no charge. We had an appointment to also have the CB installed but they had some issues the day before and were behind, and couldn't make it happen. So they are coming to Ocala, on their dime, to pick it to get that done next week. I hate to say it but I've never heard anything about the Ocala dealership.

hey spyderhusband: i think i met u & your wife at service station right after she got her 2010 (she had to wait for weeks to get spyder + got it from 1st coast hunda & you were on a yellow goldwing) was about 10 bikes (i had yellow spyder) several of us gals walked over to admire her tyke>>>>