PDA

View Full Version : RoadKrome backrest question

gpthree
05-22-2010, 08:52 PM
Does anyone have any experience with these? How are they compared to the BRP backrest?

retread
05-22-2010, 09:05 PM
About one third the cost, several different sizes, not as fancy. The installation is fairly straight forward, instructions are pretty good, figure 1 to 3 hours for install.
One complaint, the screws supplied for the back pad are too short, had to pick up some stainless wood screws 1/4 inch longer to put it on.
I'm pretty well satisfied with mine, my passenger says she likes it.
Hope this helps.

john

wyliec
05-23-2010, 06:15 PM
About one third the cost, several different sizes, not as fancy. The installation is fairly straight forward, instructions are pretty good, figure 1 to 3 hours for install.
One complaint, the screws supplied for the back pad are too short, had to pick up some stainless wood screws 1/4 inch longer to put it on.
Hope this helps.

john

Did you have an extra set of hands to install the bracket that goes under the seat? Or, did you use duct tape to hold the plates in place that the bolts go into? Or, are you just that good mechanically that you didn't do either? I'm not being sarcastic; so, don't get upset.

It's a long story and I know about the left & right under seat brackets and plates.

retread
05-23-2010, 09:03 PM
The plates weren't a lot of trouble, I started 1 bolt in each one and all I had to do after that was line up the other weld nut. The install took a little longer than I planned, cause I detoured in the middle and did some other things while I had the tupperware off. If I remember right, I had more problem with the new seat hinge bolts than anything else because of my Russell seat and one of my friends hasn't returned my ball tip hex keys, the seat interferes with access and straight hex keys won't fit well enough to get things tight.

john

Eddie
05-23-2010, 10:40 PM
Hope this helps.

john

Have you got any photos you might be able to post?
Thanks Ed