PDA

View Full Version : Continuation of my sad story

BHawksworth
05-22-2010, 04:12 PM
So, I got my Spyder RT-S back from the dealership. It was in for the second time after showing DPS/VSS/engine lights and going in to limp mode. They told me the fault was listed as "not externally diagnosable" and that BRP told them to reset the communication system (the fault was with the communication system between modules, apparently) using a different method than the first time. 70 miles later, it cropped up again. Back in limp mode, and I've taken it in for the third time. It has about 470 miles on it.

Worse, my other Spyder RT (which is my Dad's to ride) just had the same issue today for the first time. DPS/VSS/engine lights, and in to limp mode. Both in one day! It has about 1100 miles on it. As with the other bike, it dropped me back down to 50 in busy highway traffic. Always good for a jolt, that is.

I don't think this is the same DPS issue as afflicted the 08's and 09's, it just seems to be that DPS is one of the implicated modules. But what are the chances that I bought two bikes that just happen to have an unusual but similar or identical problem? Makes me wonder if there's something systemic with the Spyder that is lurking out there, just waiting to bite, given time.

MarkLawson
05-22-2010, 08:11 PM
Really sorry for all your troubles. Hope they figure it out and get it fixed. Please keep us informed.

God bless,