PDA

View Full Version : Questions

copper
05-21-2010, 07:32 PM
I am on my way to Ohio from Florida. I got into Gainesville today in a moderate rain. As I turned towards a hotel I got two red lights... one for dps and one that looked like a squiggley transmission. The Spyder also went into the cripple mode and I limped into the hotel. I turned the bike off and back on... I had the dps light and a amber flashing light in the bottom of the screen. I turned the bike off again and back on... All of the error lights went out and the Spyder appears to run ok...

Any suggestions as to what happened.... should I be looking for a dealer?

jabba11
05-21-2010, 07:47 PM
squiggly transmission?? sure that wasnt your nanny kicking in?? thats a bike symbol with a squiggly line and it is yellow.

jabba11
05-21-2010, 07:48 PM
check your relays.. you might have just got water in somewhere where its not suppsoied to go let it dry out drive on get it checked when you can unless it gives you more problems.

copper
05-21-2010, 07:59 PM
What is the nanny???? New ryder here!!!!

jabba11
05-21-2010, 08:02 PM
nanny=traction control

copper
05-21-2010, 09:06 PM
Thanks.... now I am a little wiser.... guess I will ride in the AM and see what happens. The closet dealer is gonna be in Lake City.... will keep my fingers crossed that something just got wet...

copper
05-22-2010, 02:00 PM
I made it to Atlanta today..... no more flashing lights.... so far so good!
Will see what happens!

Tom in NM
05-22-2010, 02:34 PM
Glad to hear you are riding. You might have gotten some water on the connections for your dashboard, with water getting down in there when you slowed down.

You can check it later yourself ( see the manual ) or have the dealer check it when you take it in for service.

Keep an eye on it, but don't let it spoil your trip.

Tom

copper
05-22-2010, 04:30 PM
Well I just took my nephew to a friend's house. It is dry as a bone here. I was travelling on city streets when the VSS Fault light and the engine fault and and a flashing yellow light came on. The bike went into the limp mode. I shut it off for a minute and restarted. The lights went out.... I have 1100 miles on this and had the 600 mile service just yesterday....

Not a good start for my trip to Ohio.