PDA

View Full Version : I guess a 4 week lead time for Corbin seats?

Sopher
05-20-2010, 01:40 PM
I just ordered a heated DualSeat from Corbin for my RT. I am skipping the passenger backrest, as I have yet to take the Mrs, for a ride.

ARtraveler
05-20-2010, 07:40 PM
I usually complain about Corbin because of their long lead times and very expensive shipping charges. I orderd an RT seat on 5/5/10. Standard version w/ backrest--no heat--no Lamonster cut. It was delivered today (the 20th). Thats two week delivery folks. This is the best time span on a Corbin order that I have had. The installation took me about 1 hour from start to finish. All the parts were there, they fit, and it looks good. I have had experience installing the seat on my 2008 RS-- so it was not too much of a mystery. :2thumbs:

Barbwire
05-20-2010, 09:09 PM
I also ordered one on May 5th and mine is supposed to be delivered Friday. I gave them a drop dead date for shipping due to a trip I am taking and they were very accommodating. I have been a Corbin fan for years.

tomvolk
05-21-2010, 06:53 AM
I ordered April 13. Written confirmation of 2-3 week lead time. (ordered a heated seat and backrest)

Still do not have the seat. My credit card was charged the full amount (per their policy) on April 14-- and I have had to pay the bill already.

They have missed 2 promised ship dates so far.

Very nice people (I have had 3-4 Corbin seats)

Latest promise is to ship today (May 21) . I have been told that they have been backordered on heated seat elements--so if some people have ordered heated seats and received them since April 13th then somehow my order has been bypassed (they said that they do not move anybody 'up')

Laura-NH
05-21-2010, 07:51 AM
Did you go with the standard seat or the Lamonster cut? I would love to see it in person when you get it. I am thinking of getting one but don't want to be moved any further back from the handlebars.

Sopher
05-21-2010, 10:38 AM
I went with the Lamonster Cut. I wanted the deeper seat. The position of the middle backrest is supposedly the same.

Sopher
06-05-2010, 09:38 AM
I got word that Corbin is in the process of making the seat now. It should ship next wednersday. I _should_ have it by next weekend.

Roughly a 3 week lead time plus delivery.

VaughnCat
06-05-2010, 10:33 AM
MHO . . . . how ever long it takes . . . it's well worth the wait! :2thumbs:

burg650
06-05-2010, 11:20 AM
I wonder if I go to the Florida shop can they modify my seat after it had been build, I want it deeper but also wonder if that means less padding for my you know what.

Sopher
06-06-2010, 12:16 AM
My understanding is that they are made in the extreem northern parts of Canada. It takes Ice Road Truckers to deliver it to you. :joke::joke::roflblack::roflblack:

Your Mileage May Very.