PDA

View Full Version : PA Ryder get-together?

AutumnCat
05-20-2010, 01:15 PM
Would anyone be interested in meeting somewhere to enjoy a meal & see a parking lot full of Spyders?!?

Not necessarily all ryde together - but ryde to a location so we can all meet & maybe chat a bit?!?

Anyone?!?

We are in the York area and would enjoy meeting up with other PA ryders.

rineer4635
05-20-2010, 07:25 PM
Would anyone be interested in meeting somewhere to enjoy a meal & see a parking lot full of Spyders?!?

Not necessarily all ryde together - but ryde to a location so we can all meet & maybe chat a bit?!?

Anyone?!?

Sure, as soon as my Spyder RT gets here. Was to be built in May, now they say June....

ameobe
05-20-2010, 07:39 PM
For sure, sounds like a great time.:2thumbs:
Just have to deal with the work schedule, & it is crazy.
The good weather is finally here.:thumbup:

Thanks for the add.:thumbup:

burg650
05-20-2010, 09:45 PM
Where would the meet be and what dates?

Roger
05-20-2010, 10:09 PM
Sure, as soon as my Spyder RT gets here. Was to be built in May, now they say June.... bullcrap my dealer has three of them on the showroom floor.

AutumnCat
05-21-2010, 01:19 AM
Where would the meet be and what dates?
Burg - not sure where or when. Wanted to get a feel for who might be interested.

I think a Saturday in June might be nice. Open to suggestions on location - but, I was thinking somewhere central in PA. We are near York/Harrisburg.
State College, maybe?

AutumnCat
05-21-2010, 01:21 AM
For sure, sounds like a great time.:2thumbs:
Just have to deal with the work schedule, & it is crazy.
The good weather is finally here.:thumbup:

Thanks for the add.:thumbup:

Cool!
Looking for any opportunity to ryde in the good weather. Have to take advantage of it when we have it.

AutumnCat
05-21-2010, 01:22 AM
Sure, as soon as my Spyder RT gets here. Was to be built in May, now they say June....

I hope you get it soon! I hate waiting for new toys to arrive!

rineer4635
05-21-2010, 05:57 AM
bullcrap my dealer has three of them on the showroom floor.
Orbital Blue RT SE5?

Webhead
05-21-2010, 08:59 AM
Located in the Plymouth Meeting area - I'm actually out in Lancaster relatively regularly...I'd love to meet some other SpyderLovers......:doorag:

Mrz4coupe
05-21-2010, 04:37 PM
There is a car/bike show that benefits the Amer Cancer Soc.....anyone else game??

Questions
05-21-2010, 05:02 PM
Yes AutumnCat let me know, Sunday there is a breakfast (Sunday cycle breakfast) at the lower Swatara fire dept. was just at Lawn PA. They would love to have us there. Let me know and I will send the info.

carbolic
05-22-2010, 08:14 AM
I am in Lancaster!

MSGTDOC
05-22-2010, 02:16 PM
I might be interested but depends on the weekend. If it's like the last weekend in June I may be able to make it. Somewhere in central is good state college is even better. All I need is an address and a time.:2thumbs: I'll be heading down to Rolling thunder this comming weelkend if anyone is going. I'll be there on saturday. Check forum for info. Was also going to try and make Thunder in the valley in Johnstown

Roadkill
05-22-2010, 05:53 PM
7/25 is the Bucks County Covered Bridge Ride...

AutumnCat
05-24-2010, 06:46 PM
Sorry I haven't posted anything recently regarding this - we were out ryding the last several days.

State College is central to most of us - it's still a bit of a ryde (it's about 2.5 hrs for us).

There is a restaurant in the area that we have been meaning to try:
http://www.kellys-steak.com/content/home.php
Located at 316 Boal Ave, Boalsburg, PA 16827

We (my hubby & I) are thinking an early afternoon meet-up so we can have time to meet, eat, photos and not be too late leaving for the trip home.
Date potential - June 19 (Father's Day is 6/20) or June 26 (same weekend as Thunder in the Valley in Johnstown - sorry).

If these days don't work...maybe we can look at July dates.

Let me know what you all think - and who would be in for which dates.

nyfdtsdemt
05-24-2010, 07:04 PM
where and when? im in the poconos

MSGTDOC
05-24-2010, 07:16 PM
I'm also 2.5 hours away. The 26th would work better for me.Keep the thread going :ohyea::2thumbs::ohyea:

AutumnCat
05-24-2010, 09:41 PM
I'm also 2.5 hours away. The 26th would work better for me.Keep the thread going :ohyea::2thumbs::ohyea:

Will do.
BTW - my hubby is originally from Butler.

burg650
05-24-2010, 10:28 PM
Boalsburg PA is too far for me to do a one day ride and both of the dates you posted for June not good for me, 19th is weekend before the BRP event and if I am going have to get Spydie ready that weekend.

MSGTDOC
05-25-2010, 05:09 PM
Will do.

WHERE AT IN BUTLER. PM ME WITH HIS NAME DEPENDING ON THE AGE I MAY KNOW HIM.:yikes::2thumbs:

MSGTDOC
05-26-2010, 09:12 AM
Will do.
Got your PM and I know the area but not the name. I have a few years on him. Looking forward to meeting other folks in PA if this comes off.
:chat::2thumbs::ohyea:

Triumphcycleman
05-28-2010, 09:21 PM
Just a reminder to those looking for a destination ride. We are having a barbeque cookout for our Triumph and Spyder riders who are attending the Thunder in the Valley rally in Johnstown in June. It will go till around 8ish Saturday night after which we're all riding into the city to catch some of the free entertainment.

AutumnCat
06-01-2010, 09:03 PM
I'm making a decision to go with June 26th.

How many people can make it Saturday, June 26th?

Will Boalsburg work for everyone? I'm thinking lunch around 1:30pm.

Who's in?!?

If we don't have a lot of response for that date - I think we might need to look into July.

MSGTDOC
06-02-2010, 04:06 PM
Works for me I'm off to Ireland tomorrow but will be back by then:2thumbs::yes::clap::ohyea::roflblack::roflbla ck:

Questions
06-08-2010, 07:36 PM
I'm good with the 26th, let me know, lookin forward to meetin everyone.:2thumbs:

2manycars
06-10-2010, 06:34 PM
I live in Chester Springs Pa. We are leaving on a trip on the 27th, but I would love to try and meet up with the group on the 27th. I need to figure out where everyone is coming from, but it sounds like fun assuming I can get my packing and so forth done by the 26th.

Bob

2manycars
06-10-2010, 06:38 PM
I probably could do it, but with our trip on the 27th I think the six hour back and forth might be a bit much, otherwise no problem.

We are away from the 27th-July 4th but i would love to meet up with a group of fellow spyder riders.

Why does Pa. have to be such a large state!

carbolic
06-10-2010, 07:51 PM
Last year, I found myself at a very large bike rally at the Ephrata Cloister- There were at least 2000 bikes of all kinds. I cannot remember when it was or even if there will be one this year but I was one of 2 Spyders there. That would be a cool place to meet!

2manycars
06-10-2010, 08:30 PM
There used to be a Sunday breakfast that the American legion put on for bikers. My scooter club-I used to ride a Silverwing and still belong to the club frequented the place.

That is where I saw my first Spyder and decided I wanted one. It is about 1.25 from me or so.

AutumnCat
06-11-2010, 10:03 PM
But...my husband and I took a not overly long ryde today - and it made me realize that I really can't ryde my Spdyer 2.5 hours one way right now.

I'm not going to be able to ride all the way to State College until I get highway pegs. The bike got too hot on my leg and my hip starts to hurt. I desperately need to stretch my legs out on long trips.

So, if we could find a closer location (if you all can ryde longer?) or put it off for a bit.

What do you all think? I know some of you could only make it if it was in the State College area (or close).

I really hate to ditch out - but, we only went to Hershey (got stuck in stopped rush hour traffic) and I was hurting.

Any suggestions?

MSGTDOC
06-12-2010, 02:37 PM
OK I'M BACK FROM IRELAND AND IS THIS MEET AND GREET STILL ON. aNYONE UP FOR IT?????:chat:

rineer4635
06-13-2010, 05:37 PM
I'm making a decision to go with June 26th.

How many people can make it Saturday, June 26th?

Will Boalsburg work for everyone? I'm thinking lunch around 1:30pm.

Who's in?!?

If we don't have a lot of response for that date - I think we might need to look into July.
I cancelled my Spyder that was ordered at a dealer in York, Pa I got tired of it not showing up. I am flying to Cowtown,USA(Missouri) on Wednesday to buy one and ride it home next weekend. 1000 miles. I won't be able to make 6/26, but after that I will be ready to ride!

carbolic
06-13-2010, 06:03 PM
I cancelled my Spyder that was ordered at a dealer in York, Pa I got tired of it not showing up. I am flying to Cowtown,USA(Missouri) on Wednesday to buy one and ride it home next weekend. 1000 miles. I won't be able to make 6/26, but after that I will be ready to ride!

Have you tried Performnce East in NC? I had called them just before I bought my Spyder used last year. However, he quoted the best prices I had heard. For an additional 300-400, you can hire a private trucker to bring it to you- Even if just to check the price, it is worth the call.

woodchuck
06-14-2010, 06:03 PM
Have you tried Performnce East in NC? I had called them just before I bought my Spyder used last year. However, he quoted the best prices I had heard. For an additional 300-400, you can hire a private trucker to bring it to you- Even if just to check the price, it is worth the call.
Bought mine from Horn's in Mount Bethel PA outside of Wind Gap PA on route 512. Can't beat them for price and service. Very satisfied.:chat:

biel63
06-17-2010, 01:00 PM

My wife just picked up an RT last night in Hanover, PA. They had about 4 sitting on the showroom floor. Don's in Hallam didn't have much when we stopped in on MOnday night.

biel63
06-17-2010, 01:01 PM

Anyone?!?

Also from York, PA. The wife picked up an RT last night. We're over on Roosevelt Ave by the park...where they cut down all of our trees....

rineer4635
06-20-2010, 07:45 PM
Also from York, PA. The wife picked up an RT last night. We're over on Roosevelt Ave by the park...where they cut down all of our trees....
Rode mine back from Missouri yesterday. I love it!

biel63
06-21-2010, 08:32 AM
Rode mine back from Missouri yesterday. I love it!

Really? Awesome! how was the ride?

rineer4635
06-21-2010, 05:56 PM
Really? Awesome! how was the ride? It was a great ride! Bought it at Cowtown USA, great people there. It was hot out but who cares if youre ryding?
What area of York are you from?

Skull Brothers
10-14-2010, 12:16 PM
Hay fellow Spyders:spyder:

In the Efferta ( yuo know where I mean) area there are 2 breakfast, one at the American Legion on I think the 3 sunday of the month, but I think it is over for this year and will start up in spring and another at the Lawn fire company of which has ended also but will start up in the spring.
:dontknow:, don't know of others. There will be the Allentonw toy run in November and also Phila. I will be going to the Allentown Toy run in November if any one is interested in going, will be leaving from the Underground Biker in Palm, Pa. A place where Spyders GO:clap: