PDA

View Full Version : BRP custom seat skin...

wyliec
05-20-2010, 07:58 AM
p/n 219400100.. Is this just a replacement for the stock skin, if you tear it? Or, does it have some added benefit? I have a slight tear in my stock seat. If there is an added benefit to the custom skin, I may buy it.

sledhead
05-20-2010, 08:24 AM
That skin goes OVER the stock cover and attaches easily to the existing seat.
I installed mine and it was super easy.

BRPjunkie
05-20-2010, 08:44 AM
p/n 219400100.. Is this just a replacement for the stock skin, if you tear it? Or, does it have some added benefit? I have a slight tear in my stock seat. If there is an added benefit to the custom skin, I may buy it.

The seat skin goes right over the existing seat cover. Let it sit in the sun to get warm and it stretches so the push darts go easily in the seat pan holes. They have color coordinated stitching (silver, red, yellow), so make sure you get the right one. Basically a cosmetic mod and rather expensive unless you catch a break like I did.

http://i342.photobucket.com/albums/o440/mjshore/seat.jpg?t=1274362798

ntxYguy2009
05-20-2010, 09:54 AM
I installed mine to protect the original seat cover. Figured it would be cheaper to replace the skin with another skin than getting the seat cover replaced.

Waiting on my new red mono seat cowl to come in on Friday! :popcorn:

I just wish I could afford the new six spoke phantom wheel set. A dealer on eBay had the set for ~$800. A good price until I found out that my dealer wanted $300 to install all three rims. :gaah:

David