PDA

View Full Version : Anyone seen a trailer that can haul 2 Spyders?

chillirider
05-19-2010, 02:12 PM
I'm going to be in the market soon for a trailer that will haul either 2 spyders or 1 spyder and 1 motorcycle? Has anyone seen or know a company that makes one. It doesn't need to be enclosed.

RShrimp
05-19-2010, 02:15 PM
They make a 5x14 ramp gate utility trailer with a single 3500lb axle that is made to haul 2 large 4wheelers that should do the trick.

chillirider
05-19-2010, 02:19 PM
Spyder is just short of 9ft long so I would probably need at least a 18ft trailer but probably go with 20 ft just to give a little extra room.

Magic Man
05-19-2010, 02:19 PM
Jody has a 17 foot V-Nose enclosed that fits two Spyders back to back.

MM

pitbull
05-19-2010, 02:20 PM
you can haul two on a singal axle 6x12 with a ramp one forward one backward it works easy........I'm a dealer i am constantly loading and un loading....this works for me

chillirider
05-19-2010, 04:50 PM
Thanks for the info!

SpyderWolf
05-19-2010, 07:48 PM
you can haul two on a singal axle 6x12 with a ramp one forward one backward it works easy........I'm a dealer i am constantly loading and un loading....this works for me

That is very good to know. What size vehicle do you need to pull a trailer like this with 2 Spyders on it?

GeneralKaishi
05-20-2010, 04:55 AM
A small truck should be just fine. Also I would choose a trailer that has a dove tail on it so you do not run the risk of high centering or scraping the bottom of the Spyder.... IMO

chillirider
05-20-2010, 08:29 AM
I have a Chevy Silverado 1500 that will have no problem towing it.

IWN2RYD
05-20-2010, 08:44 AM
If this is for a set of RT's.... I was warned to not haul the RT backwards because the windshield was not strengthened for it. They said it will snap off the bike at speed. :dontknow:

ntxYguy2009
05-20-2010, 10:12 AM
If this is for a set of RT's.... I was warned to not haul the RT backwards because the windshield was not strengthened for it. They said it will snap off the bike at speed. :dontknow:

Hum, seems like a valid concern. :lecturef_smilie:

David

pitbull
05-20-2010, 10:14 AM
just lower the windshield down and don't drive over a 100 you should be fine.....haven't had any problems yet

Badasz
05-20-2010, 11:12 AM
What do you tie down on the spyder when securing it to a trailer in order to not damage it

chillirider
05-20-2010, 11:14 AM
I read somewhere you tie it down by the wheels

WizardMaster
05-20-2010, 11:20 AM
That is very good to know. What size vehicle do you need to pull a trailer like this with 2 Spyders on it?

My 1-ton dually doesn't even know the trailer is back there!!!:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Badasz
05-20-2010, 11:58 AM
What do you tie down on the spyder when securing it to a trailer in order to not damage it

pitbull
05-20-2010, 12:02 PM
I usally strap over the rear swing arm,theres a place you can slide the strap threw just make sure you under the wires and the brake line, and on the front, the a arms down low close to the rim....if you have padded staps the wheels work but if not it will scrath them and leave a strap mark on your rims.......made that mistake 2 or 3 time, but there are several ways.

IWN2RYD
05-20-2010, 12:29 PM
just lower the windshield down and don't drive over a 100 you should be fine.....haven't had any problems yet

Each to their own.... I am only mentioning it because it was to me.:2thumbs:

It makes since to me... I was towing a 1952 Willies behind a 1994 Cherokee a few years back... Came around the corner under an overpass.... Side wind hit us just right to remove the windshield glass on the Willies!!! Cry...

So I figure under normal circumstances nothing will happen. But those darn sudden windstorms or weird situations happen enough that I will not travel long distances with one strapped down backwards... :spyder2:

pitbull
05-20-2010, 03:05 PM
Each to their own.... I am only mentioning it because it was to me.:2thumbs:

It makes since to me... I was towing a 1952 Willies behind a 1994 Cherokee a few years back... Came around the corner under an overpass.... Side wind hit us just right to remove the windshield glass on the Willies!!! Cry...

So I figure under normal circumstances nothing will happen. But those darn sudden windstorms or weird situations happen enough that I will not travel long distances with one strapped down backwards... :spyder2:
That had to suck:gaah:..... but no worries. I agree its better that you don't. But if you have to, you have to, and I have had no issues......... but you might not want to cross the country like that. but the rear tuck does block most of the wind, I have even left pamlets between the windshield and dash and they even stayednojoke. Good luck towing....would rather ride! but usally have to tow several......do a bunch of shows

NancysToy
05-20-2010, 08:28 PM

I read somewhere you tie it down by the wheels
The proper procedure is to tie it down through the wheels. There is tie-down procedure with pictures in your manual.

Fun2
05-20-2010, 09:12 PM
I have 26 ft. 10,000 lb. enclosed car trailer that works great. Bought it just to haul the 2 spyders if we need to. Put extra tie downs in the floor to go around the wheels. Plenty of room. Towed with a 2005 Ram Diesel 4x4.:spyder:welcome

Barbwire
05-20-2010, 09:26 PM
We are having one built right now to haul my Spyder RT and my husband's HD Streetglide. Hurst Trailers in Washburn, Tennessee builds them. We went with an open trailer with rock guards so we can pull it with my Dodge Nitro or our F150.

SpyderWolf
05-21-2010, 11:14 AM
My 1-ton dually doesn't even know the trailer is back there!!!:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Okay Jody, I should have seen that one coming. :roflblack: I am going to have to check the towing capacity of my Ford Edge to see what it is rated for, and should have asked about how much one of these trailers weigh instead. Although it might be nice to have a new truck to pull it with, I am not sure I can convince my wife that it is a good approach. :D

2spyders
05-21-2010, 09:15 PM

Reminds me of the time my former father-in-law was pulling a boat behind a pickup truck with a camper in the back, and got halfway across Missouri before he realized his boat & trailer were gone. :yikes:

:roflblack::roflblack:

WizardMaster
05-22-2010, 06:33 AM
Okay Jody, I should have seen that one coming. :roflblack: I am going to have to check the towing capacity of my Ford Edge to see what it is rated for, and should have asked about how much one of these trailers weigh instead. Although it might be nice to have a new truck to pull it with, I am not sure I can convince my wife that it is a good approach. :D

You just have to do it like me then.

"Hi honey I'm home, what do you think of my new truck?" :cus: :mad: :chill:

See only gets upset and miserable for a couple of hours then everything is back to normal! Oh ya, that's wright, she's always upset and miserable!:yikes::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Maybe that's why I do it!!!:ohyea::ohyea::ohyea:

bruceofthebronx
05-22-2010, 09:37 AM
Those great looking legs might get walking to the attorneys office. Ride safe.

SpyderWolf
05-22-2010, 11:07 AM
You just have to do it like me then.

"Hi honey I'm home, what do you think of my new truck?" :cus: :mad: :chill:

See only gets upset and miserable for a couple of hours then everything is back to normal! Oh ya, that's wright, she's always upset and miserable!:yikes::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Maybe that's why I do it!!!:ohyea::ohyea::ohyea:

You have already had the privilege of meeting my wife. I am going to continue playing it safe. It has worked for the last 22 years, so why screw it up now. :D