PDA

View Full Version : Possible Computer Software Problem

skosh
05-19-2010, 09:17 AM
Under "preferences screen" on the digital display, I have lost the ability to select "trailer mode". It no longer appears on my display. My friend's RT has exactly the same problem! We both have had our 600 mile checkup and we think we lost this display when we were hooked up to the diagnostic computer during the 600 mile checkup. Anyway we both took our Rts into the dealer 2 weeks ago to show them the display problem and they are clueless. They have deferred to BRP but BRP has not gotten back with them. The dealer seems to think it is related to a new software update they received not long ago. However, that would mean there are other Spyders at other dealerships who have received that same update and are also losing "trailer mode". Anyone out there got the same problem?

Lamonster
05-19-2010, 09:23 AM
If you're sitting still you have to scroll pass the last option (CLOCK).
If you're moving hit the mode button 4 times and then hit the left select button once.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=494&pictureid=9674

skosh
05-19-2010, 09:45 AM
Yes, under Preferences and below "clock" there should appear "Trailer". That's what I'm saying, "trailer" is not there to select even if I'm not moving. This isn't operator error..it's not there.

If you're sitting still you have to scroll pass the last option (CLOCK).
If you're moving hit the mode button 4 times and then hit the left select button once.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=494&pictureid=9674

retired1
05-19-2010, 09:49 AM
I had the 600 mile service done on my RTS and still have "Trailer mode" on my display. If Lamont"s above post does not work for you then you probably have a problem. Otherwise, just run it up to 4500rpm's before you shift up. That is the only difference I have found between the two modes, after failing to reset to "trailer" mode after several times. That may not be right, but has been my experience.

Lamonster
05-19-2010, 09:49 AM
I'll see if I can find out something for you.

Lamonster
05-19-2010, 09:52 AM
Yes, under Preferences and below "clock" there should appear "Trailer". That's what I'm saying, "trailer" is not there to select even if I'm not moving. This isn't operator error..it's not there.

Just so I get this right, you've tried hitting the mode button 4 times while moving and the trailer icon is not there either?

skosh
05-19-2010, 10:08 AM
I just tried what you said just to be sure I wasn't overlooking something. I have a manual shift and preferences screen is not available while I'm moving. It goes right past it. When stopped, however, preferences is selectable and then the drop down menu is available. "Trailer" which should be directly under "Clock" is not there.

Lamonster
05-19-2010, 10:14 AM
I just tried what you said just to be sure I wasn't overlooking something. I have a manual shift and preferences screen is not available while I'm moving. It goes right past it. When stopped, however, preferences is selectable and then the drop down menu is available. "Trailer" which should be directly under "Clock" is not there.
Well there's your problem, trailer mode is for the SE only. There is no reason for a trailer mode on a SM.
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=494&pictureid=9675

skosh
05-19-2010, 03:15 PM
Whew! Thank you! I was really worried there was something bad wrong. But you know the scariest thing is not that I didn't realize that but that my service manager and the mechanic didn't know. Thank you again!

Sopher
05-19-2010, 07:35 PM
I am not suprosed the mechanics or service techs dont know of those settings.

Put it this way... I've been doing IT for 23 years now. I have to keep up with ALL the latest software and servers and hardware. I just loaded MS Office 2010. I only had office 2007 for a month or so. Some of my customers show ME a few small items or tips in Office 2007.

Besides, the techs are not avid SpyderLovers as we are. Like, I bet several of us can take the panels off a spyder, in a dark garage and know exactly what to do. I also bet the dealer techs need the lights ON !!!:roflblack::roflblack: