PDA

View Full Version : My RT review and vacation highlights

Roger
05-18-2010, 06:42 PM
Ok i may have mentioned this before but if i repeat myself i am sorry.
After BRP posted the wrong address for the ride in myrtle beach i finally caught up with them in north myrtle beach 15-20 mile difference anyway no harm no foul, So i sat thru the little movie and chose to test ride the rt fully loaded,after adjusting the windshield to my liking we where off down rt 31 to rt22 nice highway speed the gentleman in front of me was having a little difficulty and lagged behind the group quit abit but that was fine by me i noticed the rt was being pushed around by the wind so i was mindful of that with the 300 pound difference between the rt and rs it was not as responsive on take offs but once you get to speed she moves, The seat is more comfortable than my RS. Now i thought the bars were a little close to me but in retrospect i'am wondering if the seat was to far up cause my arms were comfortable. While riding i noticed a strange noise coming from the left front tire i believe it to be the brakepad and as we were returning to the finish line the bike stalled (HMMMM) but fired right back up when we pulled in i mentioned it to our tour guide he said it was because its new:yikes:. All in all i like the bike but i think i prefer my RS on a scale of 0-10 i give it an 8. FYI if you visit myrtle beach you must were a helmet in the city limits but not in the state of south carolina. Theirs a big thing going on between the state and the city about this. If their is enough interest in it i will gladly share the real story behind it. So if you are in the area to avoid the city limits bikers use rt 31 to rt22 to go from south to north and back. part 2 in another thread.

canam9
05-18-2010, 07:35 PM
Nice review.

SpyderWolf
05-18-2010, 09:50 PM
Sorry we did not run into you there Roger.

My understanding is the helmet issue is getting ready to go before the state supreme court very soon, so we will see what the outcome is from that. I wear my helmet 95% of the time so it didn't bother me; however, I still do not understand how a city government can trump state law like they have and get away with it. :dontknow:

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed your visit to MB. :D

Roger
05-19-2010, 05:45 AM
Sorry we did not run into you there Roger.

My understanding is the helmet issue is getting ready to go before the state supreme court very soon, so we will see what the outcome is from that. I wear my helmet 95% of the time so it didn't bother me; however, I still do not understand how a city government can trump state law like they have and get away with it. :dontknow:

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed your visit to MB. :D

Yes I did enjoy my visit. Keep us posted on the out come of city v. state this could impact other states also. I'am sorry i missed you did you make it too the BRP tent in North myrtle beach?

SpyderWolf
05-19-2010, 05:55 AM
Yes I did enjoy my visit. Keep us posted on the out come of city v. state this could impact other states also. I'am sorry i missed you did you make it too the BRP tent in North myrtle beach?

Yes, I found it at Myrtle Beach Mall but only because I happened to recheck the web site before I left and found the location had changed. My schedule was way off so I did not try to test ryde the RT. I was going to park my Spyder in their little testing area, but am glad I did not once I saw the people climbing all over the demo units they brought. :D

Roger
05-19-2010, 09:30 PM
I kept making fun of that the myrtle beach mall which is in north myrtle beach to different cities.

SpyderWolf
05-19-2010, 09:37 PM
I kept making fun of that the myrtle beach mall which is in north myrtle beach to different cities.

:agree:

Things are pretty strange there with all of the different cities that everyone considers to be Myrtle Beach as a whole. I also wondered why it wasn't called the North Myrtle Beach Mall. Then again, the Inlet Square Mall is located in Surfside Beach and there is no inlet anywhere near it. :dontknow:

2Gunns
05-21-2010, 09:47 AM

Most consider the entire Grand Strand "Myrtle Beach"... I know that's how it's always been around here If someone says they are going to Myrtle Beach, they could mean anywhere between Little River (north end) to Winya Bay (south end). Rarely does any actually mean the City of Myrtle Beach proper

Roger
05-22-2010, 06:07 AM
Ok thanks john when i lived down their for 2 years in conway whenever i heard "grandstrand" i always though it was like NMB TO SURFSIDE but i can see your point heck you live their so you know! I maybe down that way again in july on my spyder but not 100% sure.