PDA

View Full Version : WCS of NorCal Pacific Coast Line ryde

hawkiii
05-18-2010, 09:14 AM
This was a beautiful ryde. My wife and I left home just after 7:00am Sunday morning to meet TharkunRT in Dublin to make the ride to Redwood City to meet with the rest of the group. When we got to Dublin we were pleased to see a shiny new BRP trailer behind the TharkunRT.

http://i308.photobucket.com/albums/kk355/tp1495hawk/Spyder%20ride%20to%20Monterey/SpyderridetoMonterey041.jpg?t=1274188961

After some quick hellos we decided to head out for Redwood City. We rode over the San Mateo bridge. This was a first for Debbie and myself. The first portion of the bridge rides low above the water and there is no way any kind of freighter is going to pass under this thing. Then after a bit of a jog left the ascent begins and you suddenly realize you have quite a view. We rolled into the parking lot of a Safeway in Redwood City, decided to make a gas run and returned for coffee to wait for the rest of the riders.

http://i308.photobucket.com/albums/kk355/tp1495hawk/Spyder%20ride%20to%20Monterey/SpyderridetoMonterey049.jpg?t=1274189942

When time to leave came around we started out of the parking lot and as we were leaving we picked up another Spyder. Then as we started down the rode we had a custom modified Spyder join the group as we headed out to Alice's Resaurant.

http://i308.photobucket.com/albums/kk355/tp1495hawk/Spyder%20ride%20to%20Monterey/SpyderridetoMonterey054.jpg?t=1274190126

Alice's is big with the two wheeled community. It was pretty funny to see as we rolled up on the Spyders, all the Harley riders were grabbing their cameras and flocking to the spot where the Spyders were parked.

Now here are some pics of the custom modified Spyder that joined us for the ryde to Alice's. Along with a bunch of Harley riders.

http://i308.photobucket.com/albums/kk355/tp1495hawk/Spyder%20ride%20to%20Monterey/SpyderridetoMonterey055.jpg?t=1274190401

http://i308.photobucket.com/albums/kk355/tp1495hawk/Spyder%20ride%20to%20Monterey/SpyderridetoMonterey056.jpg?t=1274190490

http://i308.photobucket.com/albums/kk355/tp1495hawk/Spyder%20ride%20to%20Monterey/SpyderridetoMonterey052.jpg?t=1274190568

One other funny note, a group of Harley riders there told us they work for BRP. We lost our custom modified Spyder as we headed out for Monterey through the redwoods. He was busy handing out business cards. All of the work on his custom Spyder was done by him and the guys he works with if I remember correctly.

When we headed out for Monterey the ryde through the redwoods was spectacular. A nice spirited ryde through some very fun twisties then down the coast to Fisherman's Wharf and a nice seafood lunch with some good folks.

It was a fun ryde but it could have been about 10 degrees warmer. Debbie and I want to thank TharkunRT for leading us out via GPS. Debbie and I had the farthest to travel for this ryde and the traffic trying to get home was mostly stop... then a little go. TharkunRT led us to Hwy 156 to 152 to 33 to I-5 and we headed north. TharkunRT split off to head back to Tracy and Debbie and I kept going north to Hwy 12 to cut over to Fairfield and home. We even got rained on between Rio Vista and Fairfield. Debbie was freezing by the time we got home. Even in her leathers, once her hands got cold she was cold for the rest of the day. We finally rolled into home after 7:00pm and ended up putting just under 400 miles on the Spyder for the day. Had a great time but I think I blew an exhaust gasket on the left side of the Spyder. They were just replaced about 600 miles ago. Got to go see the guys at Marina Boat Sales before any more long rides.

To you northern California folks who haven't tried WCS of Northern California yet. Come on out and give it try. I am a SpyderLover first and foremost but I have been trying to get rydes put together ever since we got our Spyder. That was almost two years ago. Since WCS of Northern California has been formed I have been able to get together with some folks I share a common interest with and go on some fun rides.

Look for notices of WCS rydes and come try one.

hawkiii

Lamonster
05-18-2010, 09:27 AM
Looks like a great ride and great fellowship. :congrats:

Ken5517 / Wish Again
05-18-2010, 11:49 AM
This was a beautiful ryde.To you northern California folks who haven't tried WCS of Northern California yet. Come on out and give it try. I am a SpyderLover first and foremost but I have been trying to get rydes put together ever since we got our Spyder. That was almost two years ago. Since WCS of Northern California has been formed I have been able to get together with some folks I share a common interest with and go on some fun rides.

Look for notices of WCS rydes and come try one.

hawkiii

Great review, glad you had a good ryde with the wife. :congrats:

Getting ready for Chicago are you.

Glad you are a SpyderLover :2thumbs:

SpyderGirl
05-18-2010, 10:05 PM
Looks like it was a great ride. We had a great group ride on Sunday as well.

See you on Saturday for the Jamestown ride??

Pelican_Racing
05-19-2010, 01:34 AM
Nice to see Dennis again and meet some new Spyder Ryders. I wanted to continue a bit down 84 but I was held up by some curious bikers. Tried to chase the group but got caught behind some regular cars and turned around. I should have some good video of it, which I'll post.

Couldn't do the full ride because I got two sick kiddies at home and an exasperated wife taking care of them. Next time!

-Hong

jvirga
05-22-2010, 03:59 PM
It was great meeting all of you Saturday. I wish my Spyder had been delivered one week ealier. Your review of the ryde and the photos are great! Sorry I couldn't join you for the James Town ryde today...prior commitments. I look forward to being the rookie ryder in June.

hawkiii
05-22-2010, 09:12 PM
Enjoyed meeting you and your wife. I was actually at Marina Boat Sales the day they were doing the demo ride on your unit. Nice looking ride. Get geared up and you can head to Chicago with us. :thumbup: