PDA

View Full Version : Headset Issue with Communications system

Chezeburger
05-18-2010, 12:25 AM
Help! We had the CB and communications system installed and today I finally got around to putting the headset into my girlfriends helmet :shemademe_smilie:, My new one is on order.:clap:
When she was driving today she told me that the headset gave her a headache because every time she shifted the bike or it downshifted the headset would make a high pitched whistling sound! which she says sounded like a dog whistle.:dontknow:

Please help as the last thing I want to do is have her get headaches all the time! :yikes:

Thanks,

Cheze

DeeKay53
05-18-2010, 08:11 PM
Sounds like a bad earth or faulty resistor. Check that all the conections are seated firmly.

Chezeburger
05-26-2010, 12:41 PM
Well my dealer called BRP and they stated that some systems do this and some don't and they don't have a fix for it yet and to just please standby! :cus:
Which is all fine and good except for the part where we paid $800.00 for the system and can't use it without getting a bigger headache then we already have.:gaah:

DeeKay! with the ground or earth where would that be checked internally in the unit or outside the unit. Maybe I should just have the dealer check all of the connections!

DeeKay53
05-26-2010, 10:52 PM
I would check the earth from the CB unit to the frame. Would be easier for the dealer to do it and check all the connections. Hope you can get it right.

Chezeburger
05-27-2010, 11:38 AM
I would check the earth from the CB unit to the frame. Would be easier for the dealer to do it and check all the connections. Hope you can get it right.

Thanks thats what I was thinking. I told girlfriend today we had to call and have them check the main ground and all the connections.