PDA

View Full Version : No Luck at installation of adjustable bars

bandwagon
05-16-2010, 08:19 PM
After viewing video and reading all instructions I have come to the fact that my wires are just not long enough. I will be calling a tow truck to take it to a cycle shop. This weekend wasn't all bad for me. I did go to the Maryland Int'l Race Way @ bud's Creek. I really enjoyed myself as this was an invite by Parise Racing in their support for the miilitaary and the wounded warrior project:2thumbs:.

Latemarch
05-16-2010, 09:05 PM
You need to take off enough tupperware to follow the wires.
Invariably there's a tie that needs to be cut so that you can get enough slack.

boborgera
05-16-2010, 09:14 PM
You need to take off enough tupperware to follow the wires.
Invariably there's a tie that needs to be cut so that you can get enough slack.

:agree: Also the ties sometimes aren't where the instructions show them to be.:yikes:

BajaRon
05-16-2010, 09:18 PM
:agree:

If you fish down deep enough you'll find that you can create a fair amount of slack by cutting the afore mentioned tie or ties that are keeping you short.

WaltH
05-16-2010, 10:55 PM
On my 2008 GS there were two ties that had to be cut. One of these was well forward and down on the vertical frame member. On my 2009 GS there was only one tie that had to be cut. It must depend on who is on the production line??

boborgera
05-17-2010, 08:53 AM
On my 2008 GS there were two ties that had to be cut. One of these was well forward and down on the vertical frame member. On my 2009 GS there was only one tie that had to be cut. It must depend on who is on the production line??

:agree:One day Lefty's on the line the next day Righty's on the line.:roflblack:
Oh i forgot the Pirate with the eye patch and parrot.:D

manchild
05-17-2010, 05:56 PM
For mine..an '09 RS, I did have to take the instrument panel off and cut the tie on the wires down below that, per instructions. Then I just turned the handlebars all the way to the right to get the right hand grip/controls on..the left side was no prob tho.

manchild
05-17-2010, 06:02 PM
oh yeah a pic..(i did neglect to take a pic during install..i was kinda busy..hehe))

canchess
05-18-2010, 04:18 PM
and how do any users like them? My neck kills me for reaching when i ride--these help?
thank you, Canchess

manchild
05-18-2010, 11:40 PM
Mine make all the difference in the world! Like night and day. I have carpal tunnel in both wrists and my hands no longer get numb..and I dont get the soreness in between my shoulder blades after a long ride. A lot more comfortable since I am not leaning over so much..like a crotch rocket.