PDA

View Full Version : 2 issues

Questions
05-16-2010, 12:43 PM
Hi all

I got mt RT SM5 on Wednesday, and she goes really well, I had them stiffen up the shocks before I collected her.

Im just worried about 2 things...

1) the brakes are working fine, but they make a strange noise when I apply them, not a squeak, I dont know how to describe it :opps:

2) and more of a concern, when I was reversing today (3 occasions), it kinda revved, then stopped, revved then stopped etc as if there was some sort of limiter kicking in, and I had to open the throttle wide to get a small response... Has anybody else had this issue?

Other than that, Im loving it... its a real giggle :thumbup:

tea6638
05-16-2010, 03:50 PM
Congratulations on your new Spyder.
My brakes make a noise also. Sounds like a scraping noise. Not sure if it's normal or not. I will have my dealer look at them and see what's up.

Questions
05-17-2010, 06:38 AM
Thanks Tea:thumbup:

Lamonster
05-17-2010, 08:36 AM
welcome
Without hearing the brakes it's hard to say if it's normal or not, take to the dealer if you are concerned. As far as backing up, that is normal. You can not over rev the motor in reverse or going forward for that matter, the computer will take over.

Prense01
05-17-2010, 11:44 AM
Hi all

I got mt RT SM5 on Wednesday, and she goes really well, I had them stiffen up the shocks before I collected her.

1) the brakes are working fine, but they make a strange noise when I apply them, not a squeak, I dont know how to describe it :opps:

2) and more of a concern, when I was reversing today (3 occasions), it kinda revved, then stopped, revved then stopped etc as if there was some sort of limiter kicking in, and I had to open the throttle wide to get a small response... Has anybody else had this issue?

If the noise when braking is a "clicking" sound then it is normal.

There is a rev limiter when in reverse...you do not need any throttle when using reverse, however. Operate in the friction zone.

Chris :spyder:

Babymoose
05-17-2010, 02:25 PM
If it is a light scraping, hissing sound I have had it on both my Spyders. I think it will eventually will go away.

tea6638
05-17-2010, 03:45 PM
Yep, that is it Babymoose. scraping/hissing sound. Hope you're right and does go away.

Bootie
05-18-2010, 10:38 PM
Hi all

I have the same hissing sound on my RT. I also had it on my BMW so I am not worried about it.:lecturef_smilie:
The Rev Limiter in reverse causes a problem if you want to do some backing where you need a little power. I encountered the problem when I tried to back up into my trailer. I couldn't get enough power and the thing stalled several times before I gave up and got my wife to push the thing up the ramp. I complained to the dealer but nothing came of it.:dontknow:

Questions
05-19-2010, 02:04 AM
Thanks folks, I feel better about it now...