PDA

View Full Version : race airflow

Kennethsmithdo
05-16-2010, 08:54 AM
Looking for anyone to give opionion on the race airflow system, O2 modifier and fuel pressure modifier for SE5 spyder?

I may purchase but need more information. Thanks

docdoru
05-16-2010, 08:56 AM
I have all 3 on my SM5: the best :2thumbs:

tweeder
05-16-2010, 09:13 AM
Yup, alot more giddy up an go.

DragonSpyder
05-16-2010, 10:13 AM
This is the best setup IMHO.

Firefly
05-16-2010, 12:42 PM
I have all 3 also..... and they do a good job with performance (gotta have a good pipe on the end too).....

BUT.....

That race airflow setup is LOUD. So loud I had to build my own airbox around it to cut the noise down.

Your MPG will suffer as you increase the fuel pressure also. I personally would skip the fuel pressure mod and try a Juicebox , Juicebox Pro or better yet a Power Commander (once they get the bugs worked out).

Or if you have some $$$ laying around with nothing better to spend them on..... perhaps an aerocharger....

Kennethsmithdo
06-08-2010, 06:42 AM
It appears the race air flow is good, but way too loud. Because I am now starting to travel longer distance the loud noise may be too much for me and my wife. Anyone selling the box to place around the air flow device? I really would like more power with less rpm's. Can the juice box be installed without the air flow, o2 modifier, and fuel pressure modifier.

docdoru
06-08-2010, 06:50 AM
It appears the race air flow is good, but way too loud. Because I am now starting to travel longer distance the loud noise may be too much for me and my wife. Anyone selling the box to place around the air flow device? I really would like more power with less rpm's. Can the juice box be installed without the air flow, o2 modifier, and fuel pressure modifier.
It can but you're going to miss the "crème de la crème": power. :doorag:

Campverdefela
06-08-2010, 12:20 PM
I have the K&N setup which I assume is just as loud as the airflow. I like the sound around town but at highway speeds I put in earplugs. The wind noise at that speed easily drowns out the intake and exhaust noise and since that's very loud, in go the plugs.

ataDude
06-08-2010, 12:25 PM
I have the K&N setup which I assume is just as loud as the airflow. I like the sound around town but at highway speeds I put in earplugs. The wind noise at that speed easily drowns out the intake and exhaust noise and since that's very loud, in go the plugs.

The K&N drop-in to the stock air box is nowhere close to the noise of the evoluzion.net replacement. It's like night and day.

Firefly
06-08-2010, 01:54 PM

Not even close. With the race airflow system installed it is so loud you cannot hear the Hindle exhaust.nojoke.

This is why I built a box to cut the sound down. Prior to the Race Airflow setup I was using the 'Drop-in' performance filter that Ken sells--- which is similar to the K&N or Green drop-in filters.

DragonSpyder
06-08-2010, 05:17 PM
With a louder exhaust you cannot hear the intake. My Leo Vince is all I hear!

Campverdefela
06-08-2010, 06:00 PM
The K&N drop-in to the stock air box is nowhere close to the noise of the evoluzion.net replacement. It's like night and day.

.No, its not the drop in filter I have but the Kewlmetal intake.

ataDude
06-08-2010, 09:17 PM
No, its not the drop in filter I have but the Kewlmetal intake.

Gotcha. I can't comment on that one, then. Never had it.