PDA

View Full Version : Speed TV impressions

docdoru
05-15-2010, 10:04 PM
IMHO, any major Spyder Owners Event in the last two years was superior compare to Speed Test Ride: spontaneous versus theatrical. :popcorn:

Mo Lee
05-16-2010, 05:10 AM
IMHO, any major Spyder Owners Event in the last two years was superior compare to Speed Test Ride: spontaneous versus theatrical. :popcorn:
:agree:The DVD from Spyderfest was a whole lot more fun to watch.

bruceofthebronx
05-16-2010, 06:52 AM
How much did BRP pay for that sales pitch?

effgjamis
05-16-2010, 07:01 AM
Ha-Humbug, I thougt it was going to show shomething that we haven't seen nor experienced...

Also did you notice that a lot of dble yellow lines were crossed.

MangoMike
05-16-2010, 07:11 AM
Not impressed, other than enjoying watching the Spyders. Guess I'm just too old to appreciate the "coolness" of everyone but Fred Rau. My wife pointed out how many times they crossed yellow lines, and the severe hanging out in turns. I lean into turns, but theirs was extreme, seemed to be done to impress.

Mike

docdoru
05-16-2010, 07:19 AM
640 miles in 4 days...:popcorn:

Mo Lee
05-16-2010, 07:21 AM
640 miles in 4 days...:popcorn:
Thats only 1/2 day for the Florida Express.:clap:

FANG
05-16-2010, 09:38 AM
Was nice that the spyder was featured but I too thought the leans were over exaggerated and I thought the would go through more features of the spyder. Seemed like just a desciption of the California coastline. :(

ameobe
05-16-2010, 10:03 AM
I agree with you all. :thumbup:
I think the reason for the non-excitement is we all have had the experience of ryding one. They showed us nothing we currently didn't know.
Probably would have reached the younger audience with more burn-outs through the show.:D
I don't believe the show was to reach out to the current owners but new ones.
JMHO a 1/2 hr commercial with good people.:2thumbs:

Lamonster
05-16-2010, 10:23 AM
The show was not what I expected. I guess it was a let down to me only because I expected much more detail about the Spyder. I think they tried way to hard to make it look like they were having fun by hanging off the side in the turns. If you didn't know better you would think that's how you need to take the turns on a Spyder. I guess any press is good press but this is not something I'm going to bother showing my friends who don't ride a Spyder. If this was suppose to be a promotion they failed in my opinion.

effgjamis
05-16-2010, 10:32 AM
AMEN

sledhead
05-16-2010, 11:14 AM
Well said Lamonster!!!
It was a ho-hum 1/2 hour....

WackyDan
05-16-2010, 11:59 AM
I too was expecting a non-biased show.

There is nothing wrong with any of the perceived Spyder "weaknesses" as they balance out against the Spyder's strengths. BRP should let the Spyder stand on its own. A real program on a real test ride would have been on target. Not sure that can be done in a 1/2 hour program though.

Bitten
05-16-2010, 12:02 PM
It was cheezy! The humor wasn't funny and the commentary was bland...
It was as exiting as watching an infomercial for a rascal...

glynnk
05-16-2010, 12:10 PM
I agree with most of what Lamont said however, it was more a promotional, puff piece in my opinion.

Glynnk

Firefly
05-16-2010, 12:26 PM
I think if you look at it from the perspective of those that have only seen a 30 second commercial, they would have really enjoyed it and maybe taken more of an interest.

Kind of like a 30 minute infomercial--- no in-depth info, but plenty of product shots.:D

The one thing I found funny was there were no BRP commercials during the segment.... but there was one for Polaris......:yikes::D

It did seem Fred was leaning off the bike far more than needed.. but I've never ridden an RT.

It will help BRP I'm sure... in particular with an audience that has never ridden motorcycles.

Firefly
05-16-2010, 12:27 PM
:agree:The DVD from Spyderfest was a whole lot more fun to watch.

:hun::hun::hun::dontknow:

DVD from cuba?

TicketBait
05-16-2010, 02:24 PM
just saw this thread, as i am usually in the Touring section,(where I posted my impressions) since I have an RT, however I did learn how to pronounce Bombardier (http://www.brp.com/):D

if you care to look here is a link

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19463

kytten
05-16-2010, 02:59 PM
I was pretty disappointed in it as well. I agree that it was more like 30 minute commercial than anything really in-depth or interesting. BRP needs to spend more time letting people ride the Spyder and less trying to push it through pretty pictures and too expensive add ons.

I also noticed that there was a Polaris commercial. Wow.

dltang
05-16-2010, 03:34 PM
:hun::hun::hun::dontknow:

DVD from cuba?

Dan, didn't you buy one for $20 at dinner? It is very nicely done. Contact Vanessa I think she can still get you one.

Pelican_Racing
05-16-2010, 03:42 PM
It definitely came across as a BRP commercial and I understand why everyone wishes they went more into the specifications and features of the Spyder.

I'm just glad we got our 15 seconds of fame. I was on location for nearly 4 hours so they did tape a bunch of film to make this short program.

-Hong

3whlLefty
05-16-2010, 06:22 PM
I thought the program was pretty short on technical stuff. Maybe they feel the target market isn't interested in that stuff. If you didn't listen real carefully you'd think that all Spyders were SE's.

It did make me want to go ride the Pacific Coast Highway however. That looked really nice!

QuadManiac
05-17-2010, 12:32 AM
I'm wondering whether this is the typical format for the 'Test Ride' show... bring a few 'experts' together, show a bit of video with them playing with the vehicle du jour, some pretty scenery, poor humor, throw in a few sound bites and product placement pitches and voila, show's over... that's what I got out of this one.

If this IS typical for the show, I won't be watching the TV listings for it again. Was nice to see the Spyders.

Desert Spyder
05-17-2010, 06:16 AM
Pretty fluffy. More of the culture, the ryde, rather than the machine. In the end, if I was a potential customer, it would arouse my curiosity. As a ryder ... :gaah:

MarkLawson
05-17-2010, 07:20 AM
Was looking for more of an objective assessment...

Yazz
05-17-2010, 07:36 AM
It definitely came across as a BRP commercial and I understand why everyone wishes they went more into the specifications and features of the Spyder.

I'm just glad we got our 15 seconds of fame. I was on location for nearly 4 hours so they did tape a bunch of film to make this short program.

-Hong

Wish they would have talked more about your machine. It was the highlight of the show for us. Neat to see it all done and on the road.:2thumbs:

Lamonster
05-17-2010, 09:10 AM
:agree: That could be another show in itself :doorag:

Pelican_Racing
05-17-2010, 10:45 AM
Wish they would have talked more about your machine. It was the highlight of the show for us. Neat to see it all done and on the road.:2thumbs:

Wow, thanks so much! I thought it was only a highlight for me and my few friends. ;)

:agree: That could be another show in itself :doorag:

Thanks Lamonster! I'm going to call the Producer and tell him that. I don't think I have the marketing... ahem, "television" budget that BRP has though.

-Hong

Sarge707
05-17-2010, 11:35 AM
I didn,t like the windshields. With my CalSci my eyes are about 1-2 inches above the windshield so I,m only looking through my helmet shield. Those windshields were over the top of their heads.:yikes:
Otherwise it was a BRP treasure?:roflblack:

BajaRon
05-17-2010, 12:31 PM
Ha-Humbug, I thougt it was going to show shomething that we haven't seen nor experienced...

Also did you notice that a lot of dble yellow lines were crossed.

I think it's BAH Humbug Forrest, but it sounds like you summed it up pretty well. I didn't see it but I guess I didn't miss much (or anything at all).

Watching Doc and "the person I no longer mention" PERFOMANCE TEST their Spyders might have been a good addition to this production.

dltang
05-17-2010, 12:43 PM
I think it's BAH Humbug Forrest, but it sounds like you summed it up pretty well. I didn't see it but I guess I didn't miss much (or anything at all).

Watching Doc and "the person I no longer mention" PERFOMANCE TEST their Spyders might have been a good addition to this production.

Ron, you make me laugh. I read this and just laughed out loud. :roflblack:

BajaRon
05-17-2010, 02:26 PM
Just trying to stay on THE BIG GUY'S good side.... :D