PDA

View Full Version : Parking Brake Failure

syclemom
05-15-2010, 03:43 PM
Any help please , wife brake has quit working, I am on graveyards and havent looked at it yet, you can hear the parking brake motor engaging and disengaging but the cable at the rear caliper is not moving, any ideas? Dealer is 2 1/2hrs. away, was wondering if cable could have came loose? I have a manual will investigate when more awake.

garganos
05-16-2010, 09:56 AM
Any help please , wife brake has quit working, I am on graveyards and havent looked at it yet, you can hear the parking brake motor engaging and disengaging but the cable at the rear caliper is not moving, any ideas? Dealer is 2 1/2hrs. away, was wondering if cable could have came loose? I have a manual will investigate when more awake.

Check that the cable is attached on the rear caliper. If it does not move when you engage the brake make sure that the cable is on the pulley. The pulley is located on the RH side of the vehicle. You will have to remove the panels to see it.

Lamonster
05-16-2010, 08:10 PM
Cable might have pulled out of them motor pulley .
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/album.php?albumid=494&pictureid=7072

syclemom
05-17-2010, 06:43 AM
Thx, was kinda thinking that I foundpics. in the manual, work off tomor. will let you know what I find would like to take care of it myself.

syclemom
05-19-2010, 10:17 AM
Lamonster dead on, cable unhooked itself from front pulley, 10 min. fix, tightened cable slightly., back in business. Now will spend 5 hr. to dealer and back on riding, thx.

Lamonster
05-19-2010, 10:23 AM
:thumbup: