PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

Triumphcycleman
05-15-2010, 05:53 AM
Hello everyone! New to the forum after a month of lurking. Tim Tokarsky here from Triumph and CanAm of Windber (aka Triumphcycleman). I've been a Triumph motorcycle dealer for the past eleven years, a BRP atv dealer for the past eight, and now a Spyder dealer for the past month! I'm very excited to be a part of this new family of riders and have been working hard to get up to speed on the bikes and their nuances. I've also been working to adapt my riding to the Spyder and are happy to report it's gone really well. Riding sleds and racing quads definately helped! I'm not here to sell anything but rather to learn about what people are experiencing, good and bad, as well as to get up to and stay up to speed on the latest and greatest tricks and gadgets. That's it, if I can be of help I'll try, it's a pleasure to be a small part of this group!

docdoru
05-15-2010, 06:44 AM
welcome :thumbup:

dltang
05-15-2010, 06:53 AM
welcome. It is great when the dealers are involved with the forum. Makes for better educated dealers and better customer service.

pierrelogic
05-15-2010, 07:18 AM
welcome and fellow sledder!:D

jedd
05-15-2010, 08:05 AM
welcomeThanks for joining us:congrats:

Jim:thumbup:

Yazz
05-15-2010, 08:47 AM
welcome. It is great when the dealers are involved with the forum. Makes for better educated dealers and better customer service.
:agree:welcome

retired1
05-15-2010, 09:14 AM
:congrats: andwelcome. It's great to have a dealer that can take time to lurk and learn what is happening with their product in the "real" world. Knowledge is POWER.

kytten
05-15-2010, 09:25 AM
:congrats: andwelcome. It's great to have a dealer that can take time to lurk and learn what is happening with their product in the "real" world. Knowledge is POWER.

Agreed. I wish my dealer were on here. Welcome!

groundeffect
05-15-2010, 09:35 AM
:thumbup:welcome

krb1945
05-15-2010, 09:41 AM
welcome Welcome to the world of Spyder:spyder: riders.

If you keep a close eye on the site you will quickly note there is a lot of good and some bad going on with spyder service. If you can keep the bad stuff weeded out you'll probably get more business than you can handle unless you hire more top notch mechanics, but don't hire more than 49:lecturef_smilie: or you'll have to sky rocket prices in the very near future. As you know excessively high prices destroy business. Ken krb1945

Big Arm
05-15-2010, 12:38 PM
Agreed. I wish my dealer were on here. Welcome!

I wish all dealers were on here. welcome Glad you joined us. There is a wealth of information on this site :2thumbs:

fastfraser
05-15-2010, 01:23 PM
welcome:congrats: You will learn things quicker hear than from BRP.

Tom in NM
05-15-2010, 01:28 PM
:agree:

. . . . AND, if there is anything you can educate us on as far as being "better" customers, like if there are things we can do to make the service experience better, faster, easier - let us know.

Tom

Triumphcycleman
05-15-2010, 08:36 PM
Thanks for the replies. No worries on the "big shop" deal. We function with myself as the do it all at the shop (owner, salesman, parts manager, janitor and mechanic), fellow mechanic Bernie (excellent), young newbie bike washer, tire changer apprentice Carlin, my mom for paperwork (retired), and my dad as a run around and get stuff guy. Our shop is small and our hearts are big! Lol!
As for the lurking... There's alot to be learned from listening to everyones customers. Alot about the product, alot about different dealers and their ideas, mistakes and triumphs. We are one of the oldest "new Triumph" dealers in the US so we're sort of on the other end of the knowledge base with Triumph as opposed to Spyder. We are very versed on BRP via ATV so we're pretty comfortable with the software and technology. The engine is no real mystery nor is the driveline. Navigating within BRP is no different, but the training and certification has been consuming!

mrwidget
05-15-2010, 09:13 PM
welcome

Capt John
05-15-2010, 09:20 PM
welcome

bikeguy
05-15-2010, 09:41 PM
welcome Great to see another dealer on the board.

Cottton