PDA

View Full Version : antenna continually loosening

ontariospyder
05-14-2010, 04:46 PM
Has anybody noticed that the antenna continually loosens. I have retightened numerous times and don't want to lose it. I am not sure what is behind it, can I just unscrew it and put lock-tite on? Any suggestions appreciated.

tea6638
05-14-2010, 06:20 PM
If it continually loosens, I don't think lock tight is the answer. Take the antenna off, put a star washer in place of the stock washer. Don't worry if you loose the stock washer it will find it's way out. That should do the trick, did on mine. Good Luck

Wheeler~
05-14-2010, 06:32 PM
Has anybody noticed that the antenna continually loosens. I have retightened numerous times and don't want to lose it. I am not sure what is behind it, can I just unscrew it and put lock-tite on? Any suggestions appreciated.

I have the shortee antenna from KewlMetal and love it. I check it regularly and it never loosens. I also think my FM reception is much better. I agree the factory antenna shouldn't loosen but the shortee is a fairly inexpensive fix. I found because it's metal it can withstand more turning pressure and can be tightened more easily than the plastic one. Although my factory antenna was stolen, it would take a tool to loosen the shortee. Simply it just works BETTER for me!

Ronsam
05-14-2010, 10:54 PM
I add blue lock tight on my and it working good after 3000 miles no problem

:2thumbs:

TicketBait
05-15-2010, 12:07 AM

I actually lost mine and it was replaced by the dealership under warranty. $59.00 . And then I bought 2 shortee
antenna and no problems. Even the outdoor and travel cover go on easier. And like Wheeler said the reception on the radio is excellent.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e240/TicketBait/DogsandCars/SPYDER%20RTS/P1030707.jpg

Vulcan
05-17-2010, 11:54 AM
Where do you get the Shorty antenna?

Thanks

Gaylord

Lamonster
05-17-2010, 12:18 PM
Where do you get the Shorty antenna?

Thanks

Gaylordhttp://www.esicycleproducts.com/spydershorteeantenna.html

copper
06-11-2010, 02:00 PM
My antenna snapped off.... Can I safely unscrew the remaining portion and replace with another?