PDA

View Full Version : Wearing hearing aids with a helmet...

3Ryder
05-13-2010, 07:18 PM
I'm adding hearing aids to my too long list of equipment (bifocals, insulin pump, etc.) and I'm curious how they will be accommodated while putting on or taking off the helmet. I wear a full face Schoei helmet and while there's plenty of ear-pocket space when the helmet is on, the padding between the edge of the helmet and that pocket is very snug. Any advice, experience or suggestions anyone cares to share? Please type loudly...:roflblack:

copper
05-13-2010, 07:43 PM
Mine are adjustable so I set them on the telephone setting to avoid feedback. I also have the intercom on my bike and that helps to hear outside noises. Remember to pull the helmet wide open when you put it on! You will only forget once!!!!

Al Alvord
Arcadia, FL/Grand Rapids, OH

Gordy
05-13-2010, 07:53 PM
I dont wear mine they pull off when putting on helmet and dont do any good while ryding any way:dontknow:

rnet
05-13-2010, 07:56 PM
I have never had any problems with mine except one time, but I think it would depend on what type you have. Mine go totally in the ear. The one time I did have an issue was very upsetting seeing that these thing cost me about $3000 each, but I found it in my balaclava later in the day while snowmobiling, what a relief. Now I always check after removing my helmet.

SpyderRyder
05-13-2010, 09:37 PM
I'm adding hearing aids to my too long list of equipment (bifocals, insulin pump, etc.) and I'm curious how they will be accommodated while putting on or taking off the helmet. I wear a full face Schoei helmet and while there's plenty of ear-pocket space when the helmet is on, the padding between the edge of the helmet and that pocket is very snug. Any advice, experience or suggestions anyone cares to share? Please type loudly...:roflblack:

Sorry I can't help, but years ago I remember my mother in law asking my father in law why he had a supository in his ear. His response was, " I'm not sure, but now I think I know where my hearing aid is!" :shemademe_smilie:

pauly1
05-13-2010, 10:05 PM
Sorry I can't help, but years ago I remember my mother in law asking my father in law why he had a supository in his ear. His response was, " I'm not sure, but now I think I know where my hearing aid is!" :shemademe_smilie:
Haven't had that problem .... yet :yikes:.

I don't wear mine while riding. Mine are BTE: they either come off when doning or doffing the helmet. That said, I don't have profound hearing loss and don't feel less safe without them.

Wayne

nudle
05-13-2010, 11:19 PM
:2thumbs: No Problem hear

FANG
05-14-2010, 07:19 AM
Don't wear mine while I'm on the :spyder2:. I use ear plugs and if I am cruising over a distance I will use my MP3 player with ear buds. Earbuds have to be seated well to prevent them from comming out when I put on my helmet - they always pull out when I remove it.

Lamonster
05-14-2010, 07:43 AM
If they are like my earbuds I have to spread my helmet out a bit so they won't pull out. That may be a problem with your fullface.

I'm sure I should be wearing those too but I'm afraid they might make the ringing in my ears worst and it comes in handy not being able to hear sometimes with the wife if you know what I mean. :lecturef_smilie:

Magic Man
05-14-2010, 07:56 AM
it comes in handy not being able to hear sometimes with the wife if you know what I mean. :lecturef_smilie:

Excuse me? Could you say that again? I couldn't not hear you. :roflblack:

scudrunner
05-14-2010, 12:45 PM
Actually won't make the ringing worse. Mine cranked up the outside noise so much, I couldn't hear the ringing. So I quit wearing mine. I'd rather hear the ringing........ and voices.:chat:

Gordy
05-14-2010, 04:03 PM
If they are like my earbuds I have to spread my helmet out a bit so they won't pull out. That may be a problem with your fullface.

I'm sure I should be wearing those too but I'm afraid they might make the ringing in my ears worst and it comes in handy not being able to hear sometimes with the wife if you know what I mean. :lecturef_smilie:
thats called selective hearing

MouthPiece
05-14-2010, 04:13 PM
I just kinda tuck my ears and aids up into the helmet when putting it on.