PDA

View Full Version : RAKNID fuel record

Roadkill
05-13-2010, 06:48 PM
+I've updated the RAKNID fuel record spreadsheet, representing my fillups and fuel consumption since new. If you'd like to take a peek, you can find a viewable .pdf, and an editable .xls file (to permit your own data recording), at http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/SpyderDigest/files/

I cannot attach a copy because exceeds its ~54k .pdf size exceeds the ~19k max.

(fyi, I separate reporting periods with == lines under the overall avg mph column.)

At 30,000 miles (+571 hours), my overall average mph continues its steady slow decline since my employment commute change last August, now nearing 53 mph from its high of nearly 58 mph.

In this past 6,000 miles of record, RAKNID's seen a high of 33.008 mpg and low of 25.698 mpg.

Construction season's begun, lessening mpg, and we're now on the seasonal fuel mix, increasing mpg, so they're each probably a wash.

You'll see that I briefly experimented with a temperature record, but I stopped because of the odd disparity and applicability of the timeframes. What else could I incorporate that would be relevant to recording during a fillup regimen? Anyone have any suggestions?

Ride on.
Roadkill

ameobe
05-13-2010, 07:25 PM
Tire psi- 2 up- 1 up- added weight at all?:dontknow:

It is cool your doing this, we have been avg 34, 2 up with a trailer easy riding.
Not so hot in 2010, 28mpg. But I think it was my wrist that did that as I was solo.:thumbup:

Roadkill
05-14-2010, 06:26 PM
+All of it was one-up, and only sometimes would I consider myself to have carried a negligible amount of weight, mostly in the boot.

I can't use tire psi as an added measurement factor because the tires will be hot at fillups. (Gotta check pressures cold.)

Any other suggestions?

Ride on.
Roadkill

ameobe
05-14-2010, 06:58 PM
By no means trying to start a "heated" debate.
But it was to my understanding, that is when you when you do want to check tire psi, after the tires are hot.
If I am wrong please let me know.:doorag:

NancysToy
05-14-2010, 08:52 PM
By no means trying to start a "heated" debate.
But it was to my understanding, that is when you when you do want to check tire psi, after the tires are hot.
If I am wrong please let me know.:doorag:
Tire pressures are supposed to be checked cold...except for racing.

Roadkill
08-03-2010, 08:50 PM
+After nearly three decades of long commutes, it truly feels strange for me to report low mileage. With only a ~50-mile round-trip commute now, I'm reporting thousands of miles in months, when I previously needed to post plus-thousand mile weeks.

I've updated the RAKNID FUEL RECORD spreadsheet, representing my fillups and fuel consumption since new. If you'd like to take a peek, you can find a viewable .pdf (2010 data), and an editable .xls file (to permit your own data recording), at http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/SpyderDigest/files/

(fyi, I separate reporting periods with == lines under the overall avg mph column.)

Ride on.
Roadkill