PDA

View Full Version : R.O.T. June 10th - 13th

Yazz
05-13-2010, 06:34 PM
Hi ya'll,

Just wondering if anybody is going to the Republic of Texas Rally in Austin this year. Hubby and I will be there and would love to get together with other Spyder Ryders. Putting this up on the main discussion board too.

Thanks!

scudrunner
05-13-2010, 09:40 PM
No, we're boycotting Austin.

Yazz
05-14-2010, 10:54 AM
Oh man, what did Austin do now?

scudrunner
05-14-2010, 12:37 PM
They are boycotting Arizona. City council and mayor, not Perry. For once it isn't his fault!:joke:

dave711
05-14-2010, 01:04 PM
I would have to agree with Jay... We won't be going either...

Yazz
05-14-2010, 05:31 PM
Not going to get into politics here. Ya'll are family and I want to keep it that way.

That being said, Hubby and I decided not to ryde in the parade and party in Austin. We will stay at the rally grounds and party there.:yes:

Not going to let someone I didn't vote for ruin my fun.

glynnk
05-14-2010, 08:46 PM
Joy--Gonna be in the Smokies with some of my East Texas riding buds during ROT. Some of the area SCRC chapters are sponsoring a rally at P.O.'s on Telge tomorrow (Saturday) supporting St. Jude's Children's Hospital, which is SCRC's main charity. The related ride leaves P.O.'s at 9:00 a.m. If the weather cooperates and you and Jeff are looking for something to do, come on over.

Glynnk

scudrunner
05-14-2010, 08:47 PM
Not withstanding, it's raining pretty hard here. Both dogs are under the chair from the thunder. Some watch dogs. It would be a wet ride and my wife has to work this weekend....again. So there are LOTS of excuses why we can't go. None of which I voted for. :gaah:

Yazz
05-15-2010, 08:35 AM
Joy--Gonna be in the Smokies with some of my East Texas riding buds during ROT. Some of the area SCRC chapters are sponsoring a rally at P.O.'s on Telge tomorrow (Saturday) supporting St. Jude's Children's Hospital, which is SCRC's main charity. The related ride leaves P.O.'s at 9:00 a.m. If the weather cooperates and you and Jeff are looking for something to do, come on over.

Glynnk

Have a great time on your Smokies ryde! Wishing beautiful weather for ya'll.

Just got this message at 8:30 a.m. Don't think we can get to P.O.s in time. :gaah:

Ryde safe today...