PDA

View Full Version : OILS

namknight
05-12-2010, 12:11 PM
I'm going to my dealer for my break-in service. After that I plan to change my own oil. (I never go by the manufacturer's mileage recommendations).
So I will buy a couple of filters (dealer is over an hour away).
Anyone have ideas on brand of oils? I know 5-40 semi synthetic. I can imagine how much can am's oil is.

Sarge707
05-12-2010, 01:23 PM
I'm going to my dealer for my break-in service. After that I plan to change my own oil. (I never go by the manufacturer's mileage recommendations).
Anyone have ideas on brand of oils? I know 5-40 semi synthetic. I can imagine how much can am's oil is.
I used the BRP Filters and semi-synthetic oil that I purchased from THEM for my 1st oil change and then went to Mobil 1 4T Racing oil at 3,000 miles after break in.

Questions
05-13-2010, 04:59 AM
I went with amsoil. I have used it in my atv's for years without any issues.

bruceofthebronx
05-13-2010, 05:36 PM
Your name makes me think u r a vet? One of our brothers, krb1945, sells oil change kits and Amsoil. Man done it all for us, DAV, support him.
God Bless America

Roadkill
05-13-2010, 06:17 PM

+I'd recommend AMSOIL MCF10W40, which I can personally deliver to your doorstep when you need it, since you're local to me. As offered elsewhere, I'll charge my delivered cost.

Ride on.
Roadkill

ArmyJoe
05-13-2010, 07:20 PM
I just changed my oil for the first time on Tuesday night. Took about an hour. I replaced it with Amsoil 10w40.

canam9
05-15-2010, 02:45 AM
I go with amsoil. I have used it in all my machines for years without any issues. :popcorn: