PDA

View Full Version : Carbon Fiber Helmets

dltang
05-12-2010, 10:06 AM
I have an HJC Carbon Fiber helmet that I absolutely love. It is the lightest helmet I have ever worn. I think it is or was number 9 on the list of lightest helmets on the bikeweb site. Anyway, I know they can be expensive. So when I got this email from NewEnough (I know we seem to be giving them a lot of press lately) I wanted to share. I know nothing about helmets from Joe Rocket but these are some great prices for Carbon Fiber Helmets and in some really nice looking solid colors. Here is the website link Joe Rocket Carbon Fiber Helmets (http://www.newenough.com/street/closeouts/helmets/joe_rocket/rkt_101_carbon_motorcycle_helmet.html) I just read a little bit more and it turns out these Joe Rocket helmets are manufactured by HJC. That is good for me as I know I like it and it fits me. Now if I had the extra dough for the nice looking red one. Hmmm

xpeschon
05-12-2010, 10:12 AM
They look really good Deb.. I quess I will be able to see them first hand in Chicago next month.. Looking forward to the little trip for sure.. Should be a very nice time.. See ya soon..

Joe
(X)

412Spyder
05-12-2010, 02:32 PM
I actually saw the joe rockets at the shop the other day.... they are really nice the carbon fiber weaves are nice and tight and the helmet was super light. Had i not just bought an element blue tooth helmet i would have been all over this. Saw them on ebay for super cheap too about 40 less then the bike shop

TJ_Spyder
05-13-2010, 12:06 AM
Hey Deb,
I also recently purchased an HJC CF helmet, the FS-15 in Blue. It is an awesome helmet, very light, looks great and ventilates pretty well. Got it at Revzilla for $234.

http://www.revzilla.com/product/hjc-fs-15-carbon-helmet

Of course I got the Blue to match my Spyder and based on the reviews so did somebody else.:spyder:

bone crusher
05-13-2010, 02:16 AM
We need Motza on this post....for he is man with many heads...eh, uh, helmets...

teacherbob
05-14-2010, 08:47 AM
The Joe Rocket 101 carbon helmet is made by HJC.