PDA

View Full Version : Oil Change

Diggertoy
05-11-2010, 05:28 PM
Hey!
Just brought the Spyder in for 500km oil change/general checkup, killed my wallet by 300$ with their 90$/h shop fee! Damn! Guess had to be done for warranty guarentee'
So for now I will be doing them at home in my shop, So, Im familiar with oil changes in general, but can any anyonehere give me a breakdown of anything new I might run into, or anything in specific that should be done, Im pretty new with the whole Spyder thing, Just want to get it right...

Thanks!

SpyderSteve
05-11-2010, 05:44 PM
i do not now how post previous threads, but search oil change under the search mode and lamonster has a great thread about it.:2thumbs:

boborgera
05-11-2010, 05:51 PM
Hey!
Just brought the Spyder in for 500km oil change/general checkup, killed my wallet by 300$ with their 90$/h shop fee! Damn! Guess had to be done for warranty guarentee'
So for now I will be doing them at home in my shop, So, Im familiar with oil changes in general, but can any anyonehere give me a breakdown of anything new I might run into, or anything in specific that should be done, Im pretty new with the whole Spyder thing, Just want to get it right...

Thanks!
welcome
The operators Manual will give you a good idea on how to change your oil,The only thing i would add is make sure you use only oil recommended for motorcycles [wet clutches]

chillirider
05-11-2010, 06:16 PM
There is a great step by step procedure in the step by step section that I'm planning on using.

Trickie Dick
05-11-2010, 09:29 PM
Look under Shop Talk thread and there is a " How to" link. Oil change and many other good things there.

BajaRon
05-11-2010, 09:41 PM
It isn't difficult and certainly easier than taking a $300+ hit to the wallet! OUCH!

Diggertoy
05-12-2010, 07:50 PM
thanks just what I needed