PDA

View Full Version : Jetski towing

tweeder
05-11-2010, 10:55 AM
A while back I seen a pic of a member towing a jetski and a doggy trailer. Has anybody else towed a jetski to the lake? My concern is loading and offloading it. I would think that if the rear tire got wet, it would be hard to get out of the water after loading it onto the trailer. I was thinking of adding a 5' bar as an extension to keep the spyder out of the water. Ant advise would be helpful as I know spyders can't swim.

burg650
05-11-2010, 05:30 PM
That would be something I would like to see a Spyder towing a jet ski, I have a Kawasaki 1100STS and with trailer I think it tip the scale at around 950lbs and that I believe would be too much for a Spyder to tow.

Magic Man
05-11-2010, 06:37 PM
That I have a Kawasaki 1100STS and with trailer I think it tip the scale at around 950lbs and that I believe would be too much for a Spyder to tow.

:agree:

When the trailer outweighs the tow unit things can get real ugly real fast. :shocked:

I have thought about towing one of our GTX-IS Limiteds too, but at over 1000 lbs plus it's trailer weight, even on the RTS I think it spells big trouble. :yikes:

Trying to stop all that weight could put it sideways or even worse.:helpsmilie:

MM

NancysToy
05-11-2010, 07:00 PM
:agree:

When the trailer outweighs the tow unit things can get real ugly real fast. :shocked:

I have thought about towing one of our GTX-IS Limiteds too, but at over 1000 lbs plus it's trailer weight, even on the RTS I think it spells big trouble. :yikes:

Trying to stop all that weight could put it sideways or even worse.:helpsmilie:

MM
:agree::agree::agree: Been there, done that, got the T-shirt! Too long a story to tell here, but it sure did destroy a good pickup truck.

Tom in NM
05-11-2010, 07:33 PM
. . . the best option I have seen on this is ( and you will not like the answer ) was Lamont's Option. I can't find the link right now, but he was working on/made the Jet Ski a trailer - problem solved! ( if you only wanted to see a Spyder towing a Jet Ski ) :D

Tom

tweeder
05-11-2010, 10:29 PM
. . . the best option I have seen on this is ( and you will not like the answer ) was Lamont's Option. I can't find the link right now, but he was working on/made the Jet Ski a trailer - problem solved! ( if you only wanted to see a Spyder towing a Jet Ski ) :D

Tom

Yeah i seen that one. Wonder how he made out? I didn't realize how much those suckers weigh. Mine is a 95 slt750, I seen some of those larger ones and yeah I could see them weighing a bit.

COOLMACHINE
05-12-2010, 12:11 PM
Here's Lamonts project. I don't know if this is the latest or not but it is one of them. http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13449

patches
05-12-2010, 01:23 PM
Call me crazy but even if you did get to the lake without killing someone, how are you going to put it in the water and get the spyder up a wet ramp? I have seen peeps on the Goldwings pull light jon boats but a jet ski..that would be pretty cool as long as you both don't end up in the water.