PDA

View Full Version : My first drive with another Spyder - and it's on TV!

Pelican_Racing
05-10-2010, 12:02 PM
What luck! First time I go for a ryde/drive with another Spyder and there's a TV crew to record it all. :2thumbs: I know there is another topic about the show, but I had to post this to share such a surreal experience.

We were taping for Jay Leno's Garage on Saturday and happened to meet Townsend Bell. He asked if the Prong was based on a Can Am Spyder and I said it was. Then he asks if we'll be hanging around LA since they're taping a show the next morning. Well I can certainly stay in LA another day for that!

So I show up around 9:30am at the Rock Store off Mulholland. The bikers are out in full force and there are two Spyders with a camera crew on one end of the parking lot. The serious bikers aren't giving them a second look. I pull in and get a few stares, but for the most part the bikers ignore anything with more than two wheels.

Tommy Kendall pulls up in his huge black Mercedes and tapes a few segments (intro?) on a Phantom Black Spyder. They have a Orbital Blue RT as well. Then Townsend takes over and does some rolling shots with two sport bikes.

Then it's our turn! I'm asked to lead Townsend through a few corners for the camera. Traction control and VSS is rather heavy handed in the tight corners, but we still managed a few good shots. Then they load up the camera car and we do some lead/follow on the road. It was so insane!

Hope folks like what we're doing, but if not at least you know about the Speed TV program on your beloved Can Am Spyders. Expect to see more on the road after their "Test Ryde".

http://www.speedtv.com/programs/speed-test-ride-spyder-roadster/

-Hong

Lamonster
05-10-2010, 12:06 PM
:2thumbs:

FANG
05-10-2010, 12:44 PM
:2thumbs: :doorag:

fastfraser
05-10-2010, 02:04 PM
:2thumbs: Rock Star !

SpyderGirl
05-10-2010, 10:34 PM
AWESOME!!!!! :2thumbs:

SpyderWolf
05-11-2010, 10:14 PM
:2thumbs:

Looking forward to seeing it.

Pelican_Racing
05-14-2010, 03:10 AM
So I was just driving along, and this Spyder keeps following me...

http://www.speedandmotion.com/pictures/mulholland050910/slides/IMG_3791.JPG

:2thumbs::2excited: Be sure to tune in folks, it should be a great show.

-Hong

SpyderGirl
05-14-2010, 09:40 AM
Hong... LOVE IT! :2thumbs:

You need to bring that thing over to my house so I can take a closer look. :D

And you can ride/drive with my group of Spyders anyday. :doorag:

Lamonster
05-14-2010, 09:42 AM
So I was just driving along, and this Spyder keeps following me...

:2thumbs::2excited: Be sure to tune in folks, it should be a great show.

-Hong
That thing is crazy cool. :2thumbs:

jedd
05-14-2010, 04:30 PM
Very fine piece of work wanna see it in real life, you going to Chicago?

Jim :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Pelican_Racing
05-15-2010, 12:24 AM
I'm going to try to make the NorCal PCH ryde this Sunday, even if it's the same time as Formula 1 at Monaco! Monaco!!!

Not sure about Chicago. We'll see what BRP thinks after they see us on the Speed TV segment. I bet they'll be a bit surprised...

-Hong

groundeffect
05-15-2010, 06:16 AM
:thumbup:

TicketBait
05-15-2010, 09:44 AM
Looking forward to watching!!:2thumbs:

SpyderWolf
05-18-2010, 08:19 PM
I am not quite sure they gave you the full 15 seconds of fame, I will have to go watch it again and time it this time. :D

Nice showing of your ryde though. :2thumbs:

Pelican_Racing
05-19-2010, 01:28 AM
I am not quite sure they gave you the full 15 seconds of fame, I will have to go watch it again and time it this time. :D

Let me know what your findings turn up. I think I got 8 seconds. :sour:

I'm hoping Jay Leno gives me the 15 minutes of fame, but our drive was pretty short so maybe it'll only be 8 minutes. I've got an invite to come back so I'm going to get my full 15 eventually.

-Hong