PDA

View Full Version : Changing brake pads..Relatively easy?

draboo
05-10-2010, 09:31 AM
I ordered new pads and will be changing them in a fury probably on Friday,'cause we are leaving on our soujourn to SC on Sunday morning. Are there any little hints about this procedure for someone who hasnt done this in quite a while?

I ve changed many a pad on different vehicles thru the years but I thought I'd tap the massive knowledge base here at S.L. and see if anyone had any valuable suggestions.

Thanks for the help,eh? :D

Brad

patches
05-10-2010, 10:22 AM
Make sure you have a C-clamp to push back the piston and a t-wrench. Should take you less than an hour really as long as you have a jack and stands ready. Not hard at all. The rear bolts are a bit big so make sure you have the right tool for the job. Ohh, and extra lock washers for the rear, I lose mine everytime I take them off..they go flying somewhere in the garage. Locktight as well...sorry, my list keeps getting longer. If you ordered the BRP pads, they come with the replacement bolts for the rear, not sure why though, I just use the same ones and use locktight. Mark your emergancy break so you know where it goes back on at so you don't have to mess with adjustments if you are tight on time.