PDA

View Full Version : Should be illegal

pierrelogic
05-09-2010, 09:09 PM
Sorry to those that have been on this forum for a long time, but humor me. I'm just a new owner that has to tell someone. I have worked my tail off at the same place for 20 years as of next month. In that time I've had some tough moments. Made it thru the big "D" and really struggled to make ends meet paying child support for the past 18 years. Late nights on-line training dragging my sorry butt into work when I had little sleep. Basically, I've paid my dues. But enough of the that...I'm past it.

A little over 3 weeks into owning the Spyder and 1300+ miles logged. Yea, I've spent some quality time lately with the Roadster. I have to say it's exceeded every expectation I had. I dearly love the outdoors, but Winter has always been my favorite time of the year. That's why a few years back I when I got into snowmobiling in the mountains I found the perfect fit. Power and thin air. But until this past month I was relegated to looking forward to the deep "pow" only found in altitude and only in Winter. Also I've never meet a fellow sledder that wasn't someone I could consider family...do anything for you at a drop of a hat. Sledders are ALL good people, no exceptions. I'm learning that pretty much holds true for motorcyclists. I used to hate the heat. Now I've got something to look forward too year round. :2thumbs:

Took my first "destination nowhere" ride this afternoon. Headed toward the Amish country in NE Ohio. Lots of hills, lots of winding road and very little traffic. The Spyder and I both performed like a well oiled machine. I was impressed the way it took turns. It was as if it was on a rail. And eating up the hills was a rush. Now that I have the cramp buster my right hand never get tired on these long rides. I even put one on the left side so I could rest the lefty. Combine all that with my creative ZEN and headphones I actually found myself at times riding with goose bumps. Thus the thread title.

Thanks BRP for creating the ride I've been waiting for. And thanks Spyderlovers for putting up with my story. How others on here contain themselves is obviously something I've yet to learn. :D

Ride on! :ohyea:

jedd
05-09-2010, 09:15 PM
welcome:congrats:Retired sledder myself and :agree::agree:

Nice write-up and thanks for sharing.
Jim:thumbup:

aka1004
05-09-2010, 09:22 PM
welcome
ahh the ryde to nowhere, my specialty.
while i was in palm springs, i left the hotel at 9 am thinking i will go down to salton sea and comeback. it turned out to be a almost 7 hour ryde.
from salton sea i went down to brawly than to julian and took a long way back to palm springs at 3:40.:D
have fun and ryde safe.:thumbup:

YPILOT
05-09-2010, 09:28 PM
:2thumbs: life can be fun. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. Keep on enjoying the ryde.:doorag:

Big Arm
05-09-2010, 09:41 PM
Glad you found the right ride :2thumbs:

mxz600
05-09-2010, 09:46 PM
Welcome fellow sledhead. The snowmobile like feel of the Spyder is what drew me to it. It is like snowmobiling year round. I am living large.:2thumbs:
Enjoy your new toy but ride safe. Unlike riding sleds, there are some careless drivers with a lot larger vehicles:yikes: we have to contend with while enjoying our Spyders.

sandrunr1
05-09-2010, 09:51 PM
We forget things at the store so we will have to go again. Best ryde I have:2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs: ever had. Glad it is for you also.

dltang
05-10-2010, 05:24 AM
Glad you are enjoying your spyder.

Lamonster
05-10-2010, 06:10 AM
:congrats::doorag:

boborgera
05-10-2010, 06:41 AM
:2thumbs:
It's not just an awesome ride it's a great concept, [reverse trike].
And for me no more parking bikes for winter. I'm able to ride though the winter, And relativity safe.

jnt
05-10-2010, 11:24 AM
:congrats:welcome Ryde safe!!

FANG
05-10-2010, 11:40 AM
:2thumbs: Ain't it a blast :ohyea:

WizardMaster
05-10-2010, 01:49 PM
welcome

MagicMan gets mad when I take him on the rides to nowhere since I have a habbit of just riding and forgetting that I have a trail of other bikes behind me and that some of the people in our party don't have real comfortable seats and need to strech every hour or so:yikes:. But that is the fun of having toys like this. :joke::2excited: for another nowhere ride hopefully this weekend!

Motza
05-10-2010, 03:28 PM
ENJOY THE TOY... BEST RIDE AROUND!

bikeguy
05-10-2010, 05:43 PM
Great story - thanks for sharing it. Ain't life wonderful? Especially if you have a Spyder to hop on and ride.

Cotton

pitmon
05-10-2010, 07:43 PM
:thumbup:welcome

mclaw44
05-10-2010, 08:20 PM
:congrats:Im am pleased to hear that riding is a escape that just what I need from my Spyder can't wait to put the miles on :thumbup: