PDA

View Full Version : Snow. Wind. May.

jeuchler
05-09-2010, 08:36 AM
I let the dogs in this morning (it's May, remember) and they had snow all over them.

I checked the forecast, and it said:

A WIND ADVISORY remains in effect through 6pm this evening. Sustained winds out of the west-northwest with gusts up to 50 mph possible.
Also, a FREEZE WARNING has been issued for the entire area.

Yup.

Good day for a Spyder ride.

Magic Man
05-09-2010, 08:45 AM
I let the dogs in this morning (it's May, remember) and they had snow all over them.

A WIND ADVISORY remains in effect through 6pm this evening. Sustained winds out of the west-northwest with gusts up to 50 mph possible.

Yup.

For God's sake you whiner, pull up your panties, man up, and just ride the thing. :joke::roflblack:

Me, I'll wait for you inside drinking some coffee by the fire. :roflblack:

Mm

tatt2r
05-09-2010, 08:52 AM
45 here in NH windy as hell .... it's amazing how fast your body gets adjusted to 80-90 degree weather and how fast you forget that 2 months ago i would have said man i wish it were at least 45 out .... :coffee:
but i still rode in this morning john ,,,,:coffee::coffee::coffee: now having :coffee::D

grumpybob
05-09-2010, 09:48 AM

Yup.

Same here in Granby!!

fastfraser
05-09-2010, 09:50 AM
Snow on the ground here as well.

murphybrown
05-09-2010, 10:03 AM

Yup.

Unusually cold, windy, sleet, hail here in WA state. Global warming is H@#^ ain't it!!!! Just wear lots of under armor and the Spyder runs fine!! Everyone have an incredible HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY...where would we be without mother's?????:2thumbs:

RoadHammer
05-09-2010, 10:50 AM
over 5 inches here. should melt today.:doorag:

VaughnCat
05-09-2010, 10:59 AM
We've been having unseasonably cooler weather as well here in So Oregon. Had freeze warnings all last week. Yesterday we wanted to take the Spyders over the Grayback mountains, one of our favorite rydes, but ran into snow on the way up and had to turn back.

kytten
05-09-2010, 07:30 PM
I am -so- glad we didn't get snow here in my part of the Twin Cities. Erg. It was super cold and windy yesterday (while my boyfriend was in motorcycle safety training class and I was sitting by the side of the track watching him). The roofs and grass were frosted over this morning too, but it warmed up nicely and my bf passed the class. He'll get his motorcycle endorsement tomorrow at lunchtime.

vtrider
05-10-2010, 01:58 AM
Yep, woke up to snow cover up in the North! It's May and I had to use the snow brush to wipe the snow off my truck when I was off to see my mom. But, it was Mothers Day, so guess this was "MOTHER NATURE'S" way of letting us know she exists and has her way!

groundeffect
05-10-2010, 05:14 AM
We've had a fantastic winter here in Newfoundland, been riding since first days of Feb!!

The other day, the first weekend in may I was up early running errands at 7am on a Saturday morning and rode across town in wet snow and 4 inches of slush on the roads! haha.

I love my spyder.
:)