PDA

View Full Version : South Florida Spyder Owners?

puga725
05-09-2010, 06:57 AM
Hello Spyder Riders,

Would any one of you who own an SE-5 consider renting it out to me for two days. I am signing up to take the Trike Endorsement Course in Homestead. I will receive a call when their is a class set-up. I am looking for a Semi-Automatic Spyder to rent from a dealer or an owner if possible to take the endorsement course with. Once, I pass this course, I will be purchasing my RT-S, hopefully by the end of this year or early 2011.

Thanks!

Alex "Animal" Puga

:2thumbs:

XXX 74
05-10-2010, 09:38 AM
there is a place by Las Olas that rent them.. I dont know of any other place that would...

effgjamis
05-10-2010, 09:53 AM
Hello Spyder Riders,

Would any one of you who own an SE-5 consider renting it out to me for two days. I am signing up to take the Trike Endorsement Course in Homestead. I will receive a call when their is a class set-up. I am looking for a Semi-Automatic Spyder to rent from a dealer or an owner if possible to take the endorsement course with. Once, I pass this course, I will be purchasing my RT-S, hopefully by the end of this year or early 2011.

Thanks!

Alex "Animal" Puga

:2thumbs:

Simce when did Florida require a Trike Endorsement. Don't you really mean Motorcycle Endorsement?
If the Fl Law has changed would you mind posting that link or State law governing such endorsement?
Thank you.

XXX 74
05-10-2010, 11:06 AM
bike endorsement is what the user meant... there is no trike endorsement..:thumbup:

Tenfour57
05-10-2010, 12:05 PM
You need a motorcycle endorsement here in Florida. And no matter how long you have been riding a motorcycle (me- never and my husband 30 yrs) we both had to take the BASIC RIDER class. No exceptions. And, you can NOT use your own motorcycle to do it. They provide starter bikes for everyone.

I haven't heard of a trike endorsement, much less using your own bike??

XXX 74
05-10-2010, 01:00 PM
You need a motorcycle endorsement here in Florida. And no matter how long you have been riding a motorcycle (me- never and my husband 30 yrs) we both had to take the BASIC RIDER class. No exceptions. And, you can NOT use your own motorcycle to do it. They provide starter bikes for everyone.

I haven't heard of a trike endorsement, much less using your own bike??

Actually, I disagree with the "had to" part... you do not have to take the class or use their bike. What the law requires is to take the written exam and then a riding test. you can use your bike if you want or use theirs for an additional fee... Usually a 250cc
They strongly recommended to take the class but it is not a requirement. I did not take the class since I have been riding for so long...:thumbup:

that was the requirement 7 years ago when I got my motorcycle endorsement in FL, not sure if it has changed since...

puga725
05-10-2010, 11:37 PM
The Law did change in July 2008? Anyone who wants to get a motorcycle endorsement has to take the basic rider course first. Without it, you will not be given the Endorsement at the DMV Office.

Also, if you check further there is a Trike Course offered in Homestead, FL by Florida Rider Training Program Call them to verify if you'd like (305) 271 - 4311 or Email them at mriride@aol.com. I already registered for the nexr available Trike Course. You can use their Cycles or your own. They prefer you use your own. This is the only Trike Course given in Florida that I know of and I researched alot. Also, if you take the Trike course and are only going to ride Trikes, when you get the DMV - FL Motorcycle Endorsement, it will have an S, which means other and when it pops up on the Policeman's computer it's only designated for Trikes. :chat:

TJ_Spyder
05-10-2010, 11:40 PM
I like how everybody knows what he meant.

Actually there is a Trike license/endorsement which means you can't ride a motorcycle only a Trike. You can take the test on a Trike and receive the Trike only license. I would recommend taking it on the smallest bike allowed unless you have physical issues that you need a Trike. Reason being in case you ever decide to get a 2 wheeler.

suem
11-10-2010, 04:16 PM
Actually, I disagree with the "had to" part... you do not have to take the class or use their bike. What the law requires is to take the written exam and then a riding test. you can use your bike if you want or use theirs for an additional fee... Usually a 250cc
They strongly recommended to take the class but it is not a requirement. I did not take the class since I have been riding for so long...:thumbup:

that was the requirement 7 years ago when I got my motorcycle endorsement in FL, not sure if it has changed since...

Years ago you just had to take the written, apparently if you had your endorsement before the law change you didn't have to take that class. I admit I did get something out of it but three hundred dollars is beyond ludicrous for it. Some good old boy buddy making a tidy pile off three hundred a pop for that class. If they really wanted it to improve safety the thing would be 99.00 not three hundred. Someone I know had a motorcycle endorsement for fifteen years then stopped riding for awhile and the license office told him too bad so sad go fork out the three hundred...I would have been livid. That's the problem with the license and tag offices down here, you get one interpretation at one office and a different one at a different office. When I took my class I was told on the phone that all I needed was my class certificate but when I got to the downtown st. pete office I waited nearly thirty minutes to be told to go away because it "wasn't in the computer yet." Apparently you can end up getting different policies depending upon if it's a state run office or a county run office...ridiculousness. This and this new stupidity for a driver's license is making florida and the good old boy network billions. There is no more written, it's all about getting three hundred out of you whether you can afford it or not. I got news flori-duh a lot of folks on bikes can't afford to run four wheels or pay insurance so now you've just made it even harder for a little guy to get to work. No we don't have a trike endorsement...god don't give em any ideas...someone has probably already read that and is looking to add that payout to themselves as we speak.

dave01
11-10-2010, 04:57 PM
Fletchers Harley Davidson here in Clearwater also puts on a spyder course. They are the only one close to here that has a large enough area. It is held once the dealers get enough interested parties to take the course. I have gone there to watch since its at the end of my street. I grandfathered in for the motorcycle endorsement many years ago and still took a motorcycle course to lower my insurance rates a little.