PDA

View Full Version : Long time reader, brand new owner

madozier
05-07-2010, 07:10 PM
of a quantum blue RS. :doorag:Sorry just had to do that. I knew I was going to get it before I got to the shop but I still had to have a little test ride. Oh well time to search for the must do mods like the trunk latch and some risers from ESI.

What was the final verdict on the comfort seat?

docdoru
05-07-2010, 07:27 PM
welcome and :congrats: for your :spyder: :thumbup:

rnet
05-07-2010, 07:28 PM
QUOTE=madozier;205866]of a quantum blue RS. :doorag:Sorry just had to do that. I knew I was going to get it before I got to the shop but I still had to have a little test ride. Oh well time to search for the must do mods like the trunk latch and some risers from ESI.

What was the final verdict on the comfort seat?[/QUOTE]welcomeand:congrats: on your purchase. Take some time to think about you options. I own a comfort seat and I am very happy with it. Questions you need to ask yourself, will I have a passenger, do I need a backrest, will I be doing long trips, do I need heated seats. You might look into the corbin seat depending on your answers. If you need to know I will tell you more about the BRP backrest.

Rando
05-07-2010, 07:33 PM
Oh well time to search for the must do mods like the trunk latch..
I still think this is the easiest and best looking fix! Cut, bend and drop in place. No assembly required!
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=821&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1234226020 (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=821&d=1234226020) http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=822&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1234226027 (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=822&d=1234226027)

SpyderWolf
05-07-2010, 07:51 PM
:congrats: on your new Spyder.

I also have the Comfort Seat and am very happy with the quality of it, especially for the price.

Rando, what size spring is that you used to drop in there? I have been looking for the #155 springs to put around the latch pin, but haven't been able to find them yet. The one store that had a good selection of springs was sold out of that size. Go figure.

rnet
05-07-2010, 08:00 PM
:congrats: on your new Spyder.

I also have the Comfort Seat and am very happy with the quality of it, especially for the price.

Rando, what size spring is that you used to drop in there? I have been looking for the #155 springs to put around the latch pin, but haven't been able to find them yet. The one store that had a good selection of springs was sold out of that size. Go figure.Hillman #155, Roger just mailed me one today for giving him a hand and I might add that I told him about the spring, but never had picked one up for myself. Works great,it's already on. Thanks Roger.:2thumbs:

madozier
05-07-2010, 08:18 PM
QUOTE=madozier;205866]of a quantum blue RS. :doorag:Sorry just had to do that. I knew I was going to get it before I got to the shop but I still had to have a little test ride. Oh well time to search for the must do mods like the trunk latch and some risers from ESI.

What was the final verdict on the comfort seat?welcomeand:congrats: on your purchase. Take some time to think about you options. I own a comfort seat and I am very happy with it. Questions you need to ask yourself, will I have a passenger, do I need a backrest, will I be doing long trips, do I need heated seats. You might look into the corbin seat depending on your answers. If you need to know I will tell you more about the BRP backrest.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the advice, I'll get some miles on it before I make a seat decision or any comfort mods.

I realize spyderslovers members can argue with the best of 'em but man you people are helpful and thanks for the pm's from those of you willing to help with any questions that I may have later.:2thumbs:

mxz600
05-07-2010, 10:32 PM
welcome and :congrats:. As for the mods, just buy one of everything. Man I love telling people how to spend their money.

PCBeachBum
05-08-2010, 05:02 AM
welcome and :congrats: Have fun making your new :spyder:your own.:thumbup:

Capt John
05-08-2010, 05:38 AM
welcome:yes::yes::congrats:

the nicko
05-08-2010, 05:44 AM
welcome :ohyea::congrats:

fastfraser
05-08-2010, 06:32 AM
:congrats::spyder2: on.

SpyderGirl
05-08-2010, 03:50 PM
:congrats: and welcome

That blue is so gorgeous (that I made my 2008 that color). :doorag:

madozier
05-08-2010, 05:21 PM
:congrats: and welcome

That blue is so gorgeous (that I made my 2008 that color). :doorag:

They had a white one setting next to it but the blue looks so much better. IMO

tajohn
05-08-2010, 07:10 PM
welcome and :congrats: on your new :spyder2:

SpyderGirl
05-08-2010, 07:48 PM
They had a white one setting next to it but the blue looks so much better. IMO

The white is very striking. I almost did a blue & white thing with mine and made it a Colts Spyder, but I didn't. I am going to just do white pin-striping on the blue and got some Colts decals. :D

1VENOM
05-08-2010, 08:46 PM
YES! :congrats: and welcome , :agree: make it your own.

kytten
05-09-2010, 07:35 PM
Envious of your blue Spyder. I really love that color.