PDA

View Full Version : Digital - Analog tachs out of sync...

3Ryder
05-07-2010, 06:37 PM
I am experiencing an intermittent problem whereby the analog tach will start tracking 1K-2K lower than the digital readout (which is reading correctly). Problem comes and goes and has no apparent pattern or predictability.

Dealer couldn’t find problem and you can’t fault them with ghost problems like this. Has anyone else experienced this?
:dontknow:

NancysToy
05-07-2010, 08:17 PM
Your dealer should probably contact the BRP tech engineers, to begin working toward a solution. Just because they don't have the answer right now, doesn't mean they don't have to try to fix it. If I had to guess, I'd say you need a new gauge cluster.

3Ryder
05-07-2010, 11:04 PM
Your dealer should probably contact the BRP tech engineers, to begin working toward a solution. Just because they don't have the answer right now, doesn't mean they don't have to try to fix it. If I had to guess, I'd say you need a new gauge cluster.

You may very well be right. Not putting too much pressure on them yet because it's more of an annoyance versus a fatal fault. But unless someone has experienced the same problem and has some useful advice, I'll be insisting on the new cluster...

tea6638
05-08-2010, 05:51 AM
I have the same problem with the analog tach. The dealer had to order a new gauge cluster (speedo & tach). For now, I read the digital tach. Good Luck

rpeiffer
08-31-2010, 10:21 AM
I am experiencing an intermittent problem whereby the analog tach will start tracking 1K-2K lower than the digital readout (which is reading correctly). Problem comes and goes and has no apparent pattern or predictability.

Dealer couldn’t find problem and you can’t fault them with ghost problems like this. Has anyone else experienced this?
:dontknow:
Have you had this resolved yet? I just bought an RT-S and I notice the same issue... the analog tach is 1K-1.5K lower than the digital tach.
Russ

clueless
08-31-2010, 11:24 AM
how do you KNOW the digital is correct? and the analog is low?

texasride
08-31-2010, 02:43 PM
yup i have had the same problem with mine its about 1.5 to 2 miles lower have had the entire cluster replace its about the same dealer has been real nice on trying to fix it brp is also working on the problem. its nothing i cant deal with. i have just learnd that when i look at it add 2 mph to it in my head. Other then this the :spyder2: has performed flawless love the :spyder2::yes: ride safe and ride often.

3Ryder
08-31-2010, 04:29 PM
My analog and digital tachs would fall out of sync, i.e. the analog needle would often drop 1-1.5k under the digital readout; at other times they would stay in sync.

Dealer replaced cluster under warranty and no problems since. Be aware, there is no way to roll the old mileage onto the new odometer, so you start with zero. If you care, make sure you note the old reading before the cluster is switched out.