PDA

View Full Version : Second Update Works

WaltH
05-07-2010, 04:46 PM
I had the second update done in Cuba, Missouri after waiting seven months because I didn't want to risk making things worse. Finally, I decided to take the plunge.

Prior to getting the second update, I had predictable running problems in hot weather with the temperature gauge at five bars and lots of stop-and-go city traffic. I would get faltering, hesitation, something like misfiring, and no power at low rpm's. Brian (BJT) advised me that the second update would take care of these things. Brian was absolutely right. Thanks Brian!

Today was the day for the perfect test. I had to go into town for some errands, the weather was hot, I was at five bars, and I had lots of stop-and-go traffic. I did not turn on my manual override switch for the fan because I wanted the Spyder to stand on its own. My Spyder ran perfectly. I had none of the old problems. It was like a cool day in the country.

Sometimes, BRP gets things right.

SpyderWolf
05-07-2010, 05:08 PM
Glad to hear things worked out well with this update for you. :thumbup:

I had the surging problem between 3,000 and 4,000 RPM after the recall work was done, and this update fixed that issue as well. :D

docdoru
05-07-2010, 05:12 PM
Next: watch your DPS...:opps::shocked:

SpyderWolf
05-07-2010, 05:17 PM

Mine didn't have any problems. Note that I am knocking on a piece of wood as I typed that as well. Update was done in November 2009. :D

bone crusher
05-07-2010, 09:17 PM

There is nothing in the second update that should affect the DPS...you have a mechanical (parts) change and an ECU update...nothing done to the DPS in any way, shape, of form...I drilled Carlo on this and he was adamant about it...

Firefly
05-07-2010, 10:48 PM
There is nothing in the second update that should affect the DPS...you have a mechanical (parts) change and an ECU update...nothing done to the DPS in any way, shape, of form...I drilled Carlo on this and he was adamant about it...

By mechanical parts I assume you're referring to the canister mods they do (for those that still have the canister).

bone crusher
05-08-2010, 12:43 AM
By mechanical parts I assume you're referring to the canister mods they do (for those that still have the canister).

i believe so...I'm having mine done in, oh, say, 7 hours...we'll see what effect the second update has...

I was really pestering Carlo because I didn't want to risk a DPS problem on the 70 mile ride home from the dealership! :yikes:

Getting the hard bags put on as well...

docdoru
05-08-2010, 06:56 AM

:D http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=138199&postcount=1 :popcorn:

fastfraser
05-08-2010, 07:02 AM
Did you get the Service bulletin done as well .Re torque the drive pulley nut and adjust the belt tension ?