PDA

View Full Version : No bad rap here for Kewlmetal luggage rack

Campverdefela
05-07-2010, 04:09 PM
I just finished installing the Kewlmetal luggage rack, top plate and backrest and I must say how impressed I am with the quality. The fit and finish is excellent with a bead blasted powder coated finish that matches the other flat black Spyder panels quite well. The screws and bolts are blackened also. Every metal part was quarter inch plate steel and fit was perfect. Compared to the Can Am backrest option it is more functional and much stronger. The luggage rack is fully functional with the backrest installed unlike the Can Am option. My only complaint is that when the first piece [frame extension channel] is installed it covers over the one rear screw of the stop light housing possibly making it difficult to change a burnt out bulb. I however removed the back screw on each light housing and drilled another pilot hole from the top near the original and used a longer screw from above. With the spyderlovers discount they offer I pick this up for $492 total, cheaper than the Spyder back rest option. Totally happy and love the Macho look.

SpyderWolf
05-07-2010, 04:15 PM
Sounds very interesting. Any chance of you posting some pictures to show us what it looks like installed on your Spyder?

Campverdefela
05-07-2010, 04:42 PM
Sounds very interesting. Any chance of you posting some pictures to show us what it looks like installed on your Spyder?
Posting pics is new for me but I'll get some uploaded soon. Of course theirs the pics on Kewmetals site that are pretty good.

SpyderWolf
05-07-2010, 05:01 PM
Posting pics is new for me but I'll get some uploaded soon. Of course theirs the pics on Kewmetals site that are pretty good.

:D You are quite right, and I was actually just looking at them before coming back to this thread. Next time I will check the vendor's site before asking for pictures to be posted. :thumbup:

It does look good, and I hope you get a lot of service out of it as well.

DynamoBT
05-07-2010, 05:39 PM
What backrest are you using?

I'll admit I'm tired from a day of mowing. But I didn't see a backrest on the Kewlmetal site.

Campverdefela
05-07-2010, 06:21 PM
What backrest are you using?

I'll admit I'm tired from a day of mowing. But I didn't see a backrest on the Kewlmetal site.
When you find the Luggage rack option for the Spyder, right underneath is a list of additional options.

Campverdefela
05-07-2010, 06:32 PM
:D You are quite right, and I was actually just looking at them before coming back to this thread. Next time I will check the vendor's site before asking for pictures to be posted. :thumbup:

It does look good, and I hope you get a lot of service out of it as well.
I have dial-up, makes it difficult to upload pictures, but if anyone would load them up for me I can email pictures to them.... a bit easier.

DynamoBT
05-07-2010, 07:08 PM
Found it!! Thanks for directions to it!

Some Guy
05-08-2010, 09:58 AM
I also have the KewlMetal luggage rack. Yes, it is VERY well made! :2thumbs: I don't have their backrest since I already had a Corbin backrest when I got the rack.