PDA

View Full Version : Chicago Event 2010 - Ontario

NorthStar
05-07-2010, 01:13 PM
I posted this message in a Spyder General Discussion forum, but it might have got lost in the pages of replies to the group ride to Chicago at the end of June.

We (Janet and Mike) are off to the CAN AM celebration at the end of June. We plan to leave Blenheim early Friday morning June 25th and meet up with the Michigan and Indiana people for lunch in Merillville Indiana at 1 p.m. We will be staying at the Candlewood Inn in Libertyville Mi. for the weekend.

If there are any Canadian riders who plan on going to Chicago and need a place to bunk on Thursday evening we are more than happy to put you up for the night and have you join us for the ride across the border.

We have a guest room with a double for a couple, another room with a single bed and a large rec room with three couches and lots of floor room for air mattresses. The guest room and rec room have direct access to a full bathroom. Our house is about an hour drive down the 401 to the bridge in Detroit and we will probably depart Blenheim around 7:00 a.m. on Friday morning.

Anyways, if anyone from further up north wants to stop by on the way through please drop us a line at goldwing1951@gmail.com

fastfraser
05-07-2010, 02:21 PM
Thanks for the offer North Star we are going to cross at Sarnia thurs night and grab a room, then hook up with Deb and Brian for the ride into Chicago. So i guess we will see you for lunch.

NorthStar
05-07-2010, 08:21 PM
It is still early in our planning process, but I suspect we may choose to cross the border at Sombra so as to bypass any delay at the bridge. The crossing via the ferry is more often than not much quicker than crossing at the bridge.

We would also like to hook up with the Michigan group, so I will make inquiries and keep you posted.

Mike

2faston3
05-07-2010, 09:00 PM
Yes, I would love to join you and take you up on your offer.

Email on it's way.

2faston3

dltang
05-07-2010, 09:48 PM
Yes, I would love to join you and take you up on your offer.

Email on it's way.

2faston3

Either way, the offer is also still open to stay at our place on Thursday night as well. It looks like you are riding from quite a ways out so I can understand just wanting to get someplace for the night.

NorthStar
05-13-2010, 09:53 AM
We have finally decided to cross over at Sarnia on Thursday night and meet up with Deb and others who are departing around 8 a.m. on Friday morning. We thought we would be able to meet people along the way, but the departure time would have had us leaving Blenheim at around 5:30 a.m. to make the rendez vous point in Grand Blnc or Lawrence Michigan. Don't mind getting up early, but that would make for a very long day.

Looking forward to the trip and meeting everyone.