PDA

View Full Version : sport rack parts -PPlleeaassee advice

coolpilot
05-06-2010, 11:53 PM
Hi ,
I bought the BRP sports rack from the dealer.
The box was open they told me , it was an open box and nothing is missing.
My question to you experts on the forum.
are there any parts missing?
I have included the pics.
PLEASE advice.

THANKS in advance.
2009 SE5

Justin
05-06-2010, 11:55 PM
Hi ,
PLEASE advice.

THANKS in advance.
2009 SE5

You're missing the aluminum mount. It a piece about 3"x8".

2faston3
05-07-2010, 04:11 AM
Your also missing a 4 in bolt and nut as well...

bone crusher
05-07-2010, 06:38 AM
Hi ,
PLEASE advice.

THANKS in advance.
2009 SE5

Tell your dealer to be honest. You can buy these online (ebay) for considerable savings in a SEALED box...that is what I did...your dealer knows what parts are included if they've ever installed one before...

BajaRon
05-07-2010, 07:42 AM
Hi ,
PLEASE advice.

THANKS in advance.
2009 SE5

Unless you got a great deal on this or unless your dealer will supply the missing parts I'd take it back. You can get the parts separatly but they will be expensive.

http://members.cox.net/bajaron/CanAm%20001.jpg

sledhead
05-07-2010, 08:25 AM
:agree: I just purchased one myself on EBAY from Honda East in Toledo. At a GREAT price I might add.....
Anyway... there's another dealer taking advantage!!!
Good luck getting the issue resolved.

mxz600
05-07-2010, 08:41 AM
It is hard to tell looking through the plastic bag if all the fasteners are there. If the bag has not been opened I would think everything is there. You are missing the aluminum block.

A link to my install. http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17900

NancysToy
05-07-2010, 09:49 AM
You also seem to be missing the instructions. They include a parts list.

coolpilot
05-07-2010, 03:09 PM
Hi,
Thanks to ALLL of you.( the pics , the list , etc).
earlier I was panic stuck.
Now I'm doing fine. I called up the dealer. they said they will give me the missing parts, instructions .
I wish I had bought it on ebay. I wanted to give business to the dealer.
Next time I will be cautious.:lecturef_smilie:
THANKS again.
Note : I didnt get any saving on the open box. I paid the regular price .

BajaRon
05-07-2010, 04:33 PM
Hi,
Now I'm doing fine. I called up the dealer. they said they will give me the missing parts, instructions .
THANKS again.

Too bad, but this experience will save you some bucks on future purchases. Check here first. There are always some members that can steer you to a great deal and a good vendor source.

We need to support the vendors that are on our side. Sounds like your dealer is not one of them.

Vendors with banner ads here are good sources.

jeuchler
05-07-2010, 07:43 PM
Too bad, but this experience will save you some bucks on future purchases. Check here first. There are always some members that can steer you to a great deal and a good vendor source.

We need to support the vendors that are on our side. Sounds like your dealer is not one of them.

Vendors with banner ads here are good sources.

I have nothing really to add to what Ron said.

This was yet another great example of the power of this forum. You all took care of coolpilot in no time. How else would that info have been obtained? :dontknow:

Nice job, spyderlovers. :thumbup:

bone crusher
05-07-2010, 09:11 PM
Hi,
THANKS again.

Holy crud, you spent $420.00? I think I paid about $300 for mine on ebay...Louispowersports, I think...

bone crusher
05-07-2010, 09:13 PM
I have nothing really to add to what Ron said.

This was yet another great example of the power of this forum. You all took care of coolpilot in no time. How else would that info have been obtained? :dontknow:

Nice job, spyderlovers. :thumbup:

Group hug?:opps:

BajaRon
05-07-2010, 09:44 PM
I remember the good old days when an owner was pretty much in the dark with only a few local friends or contacts as a data base information source. It was trial and error and learn the hard way.

Dealers could shovel manure on you till you coudn't see the light of day and there was litte you could do about it.

Those days are over, at least for those of us who take advantage of what Lamont has provided for us here.

I'd say the average SpyderLover knows more about his ride than many dealership 'Experts'. Though it is true that we only have to learn 1 machine and they have to know about everything that comes through the door.

But with knowledge an owner can quickly sort through the bull and dodge the turds, then find a dealer that will give them the straight before he gets burried too deep.

Not only is Spyderlovers a great place to enjoy but I'd say it has saved owners a lot of time, money and unnecessary headaches as well.

bone crusher
05-07-2010, 09:51 PM
I remember the good old days when an owner was pretty much in the dark with only a few local friends or contacts as a data base information source. It was trial and error and learn the hard way.

Dealers could shovel manure on you till you coudn't see the light of day and there was litte you could do about it.

Those days are over, at least for those of us who take advantage of what Lamont has provided for us here.

I'd say the average SpyderLover knows more about his ride than many dealership 'Experts'. Though it is true that we only have to learn 1 machine and they have to know about everything that comes through the door.

But with knowledge an owner can quickly sort through the bull and dodge the turds, then find a dealer that will give them the straight before he gets burried too deep.

Not only is Spyderlovers a great place to enjoy but I'd say it has saved owners a lot of time, money and unnecessary headaches as well.

Funny you say that...whenever I go to my dealer and people come in to check out the spyder, they let me talk with them first...share experiences and such...we are the best salespeople for the bike...

mxz600
05-07-2010, 10:10 PM
Holy crud, you spent $420.00? I think I paid about $300 for mine on ebay...Louispowersports, I think...
I got mine a couple of months ago from Louispowersports. They are located in the great state of Texas. I ordered mine over the phone. I was dealing with Dylan, nice people at Louispowersports. I got the sport rack and backrest for $492.00 with free shipping. I think they are now selling them at $529.00 for the set on eBay.

BajaRon
05-07-2010, 10:22 PM
Funny you say that...whenever I go to my dealer and people come in to check out the spyder, they let me talk with them first...share experiences and such...we are the best salespeople for the bike...

I agree, Owners are always the best sales people, best R&D, best testers, best new product generators and best work-a-round finders.

And I don't want to say all dealers were bad in the old days. Just that if you had a bad dealer you were pretty much stuck in the dark with very few alternatives.

Not like today.

jeuchler
05-07-2010, 11:13 PM
...Not only is Spyderlovers a great place to enjoy but I'd say it has saved owners a lot of time, money and unnecessary headaches as well.

Well, yeah, but...

We've also COST owners a lot of money, Ron!

"Oooo! That's cool! Where'd you buy that?! I want that!" :roflblack:

(Group hug over, bonecrusher.)

bone crusher
05-08-2010, 12:33 AM
I got mine a couple of months ago from Louispowersports. They are located in the great state of Texas. I ordered mine over the phone. I was dealing with Dylan, nice people at Louispowersports. I got the sport rack and backrest for $492.00 with free shipping. I think they are now selling them at $529.00 for the set on eBay.

Yeah, they are great! I think I've actually bought a few things from them...and I'm jealous, Texas is a great state...I'm in Maryland...pathetic!

coolpilot
05-09-2010, 07:22 AM
It is hard to tell looking through the plastic bag if all the fasteners are there. If the bag has not been opened I would think everything is there. You are missing the aluminum block.

A link to my install. http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17900

Thanks to all and to mxz600. your detailed pics are very helpful.

I picked up the aluminum block last evening from the dealer.
Today (sunday) I will try to install it.
I hope I dont need any special tools to install this.
I will let you know how the install goes

this thread was also useful http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12385&highlight=sport+rack+install

tatt2r
05-09-2010, 09:03 AM
i havent finished first coffee yet ... you guys are good i have sport rack and couldnt see anything missing till you guys said something ... i need to go back to bed:coffee:

sledhead
05-09-2010, 11:39 AM
I installed mine a couple of weekends back.
Really pretty simple.
The instructions were pretty easy to follow. I did have to break out a rat tail file to get the cable around/through a bracket but that was a minor hold up.
Other than that it was about a 2 beer project.
Good luck! :thumbup:

coolpilot
05-27-2010, 07:48 AM
Thanks to all and to mxz600. your detailed pics are very helpful.

I picked up the aluminum block last evening from the dealer.
Today (sunday) I will try to install it.
I hope I dont need any special tools to install this.
I will let you know how the install goes

this thread was also useful http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12385&highlight=sport+rack+install

I did the install in about 60 minutes.
it was a easy install, ( ok , once you have done it).

moving on to the next project... just ordered the GLORYDERS lights ....

bone crusher
05-27-2010, 01:08 PM
I did the install in about 60 minutes.
it was a easy install, ( ok , once you have done it).

moving on to the next project... just ordered the GLORYDERS lights ....

I love my gloryders...the install isn't too bad but I keep thinking the thing will pop out when I hit a big bump...no issues yet though...only been out at dark a couple of times...they do light up nicely...