PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a little help...

IWN2RYD
05-05-2010, 09:57 PM
I have read quite a few threads, and in a few of those threads are comments about DPS, and Clutch (ETC) fixes or warranty work.

We looked for a while but to no avail. Is there a thread or post in this forum somewhere that has them all listed in a single post? If not this might be a good idea for us to do.

When speaking to my dealer (That rocks as far as I am concerned) they are more than happy to set our bike up with any needed changes. But it seems a few bulletins or notices (Or whatever they identify them as) are not posted on the BRP server.

One would think if we could have one thread to go to that gives us at least the notice number and a brief description, we could better assist our dealer, or at least for our own knowledge to reduce return trips because we did not know to ask and they simply did not read the latest as of yet...

Keeping in mind of course that it seems the majority of the members here are doing a better job than (Perception wise) a lot of dealers are doing. And in all fairness to the dealers... It is not like they do not have other manufactures to work on and keep up on. :2thumbs:

Anyway, I am asking because we are about to take in our RT-S and I would like to keep up with the Jone's by keeping our bike up on the updates...

Thanks for all your time! :spyder2:

frank3
05-06-2010, 07:38 AM
There are "some" posts noting problems with the RT clutch on the SE model but I don't think there is a recall. As far as DPS issue, I haven't heard too much about this with the RT but have seen lots of traffic concerning 2008 & 09 RS machines. The RT-SE clutch issue seems to concern the clutch's failure to release at a stop sign causing the bike to try to creep forward while stopped. Mine is #0180 and it's a SE but I haven't had the problem "YET". Will be due for it's 3500 mile service shortly and I'll be watching for it so that it can be fixed then if needed.