PDA

View Full Version : My take on B.E.S.T. Warranty

jedd
05-05-2010, 06:49 PM
As some of you may already know, I had a major break-down in the transmission. My Spyder is under factory warranty for 2-3 more weeks and my break-down is covered. Cost of my repair would be $3500.00-$4000.00 by dealer estimates. Now I am one who never buys extended warranties, just feels like more insurance to me and I don't care for insurance. However in light of my current situation,and the coverage BEST offers I decided to purchase the 3 year warranty. The Spyder has the possibility of some high cost repairs, $4000.00 would do 2 transmissions on my F-250, so for the $1083.60 for 3 years coverage I'll take the odds and buy the warranty. The only reason I'm posting this is I felt the Spyder repairs would be minimal and I may do them myself. But after this occurrence, a eye opener to me of potential repair cost, economically BEST makes good financial sense.

FYI
IMHO
Jim:thumbup:

bone crusher
05-05-2010, 06:52 PM
As some of you may already know, I had a major break-down in the transmission. My Spyder is under factory warranty for 2-3 more weeks and my break-down is covered. Cost of my repair would be $3500.00-$4000.00 by dealer estimates. Now I am one who never buys extended warranties, just feels like more insurance to me and I don't care for insurance. However in light of my current situation,and the coverage BEST offers I decided to purchase the 3 year warranty. The Spyder has the possibility of some high cost repairs, $4000.00 would do 2 transmissions on my F-250, so for the $1083.60 for 3 years coverage I'll take the odds and buy the warranty. The only reason I'm posting this is I felt the Spyder repairs would be minimal and I may do them myself. But after this occurrence, a eye opener to me of potential repair cost, economically BEST makes good financial sense.

FYI
IMHO

I just had a 'break down'...my bike decided to slip out of gear for no apparent reason...something loosened with the shift lever...I was not able to ride the bike.

I have the BEST warranty and BRP came and took the bike to a dealer of my choice...no fee!

The dealer did all repairs and no bill for me.

The BEST warranty is good to have as getting a trailer for my bike and lugging it 35 miles wouldn't have been my cup of tea.

Buy the warranty...it's worth it...no matter what the cost...

copper
05-05-2010, 07:34 PM
Apparently the BEST warranty is no longer available... I had to puchase a different one.... either a $25 or $50 deductible.....

NancysToy
05-05-2010, 08:04 PM
Apparently the BEST warranty is no longer available... I had to puchase a different one.... either a $25 or $50 deductible.....
BEST warranty is still available...but not in Florida.

patches
05-05-2010, 08:26 PM
it is but there is a $50 deductable.

bone crusher
05-05-2010, 08:28 PM
it is but there is a $50 deductable.

Even a 50.00 deductible is worth it, IMHO...

mclaw44
05-05-2010, 09:15 PM
I know I have seen post about BEST before but I can not find anything at this time. Does anyone have any idea on how to get more info.

Firefly
05-05-2010, 09:16 PM
Some dealers will charge the $50 --- some won't.

ataDude
05-05-2010, 09:16 PM

FYI
IMHO

Smart move!

sledhead
05-05-2010, 09:24 PM
Does anyone know if you can put a warranty back on a bike that the factory warranty has run out? I purchased the bike from a private party but the warranty had already expired.

NancysToy
05-05-2010, 09:36 PM
Does anyone know if you can put a warranty back on a bike that the factory warranty has run out? I purchased the bike from a private party but the warranty had already expired.
My understanding is thast you cannot add the BEST warranty once the factory warranty has expired. Perhaps you can get an aftermarket warranty.

araneae
05-05-2010, 10:43 PM
I decided to purchase a 3 year extended warranty on the Spyder through Interstate when I bought the bike. I mentioned that my fuel gauge was intermittent when I had it in for 12K service last week. Replacement of the fuel pump module was required to fix it and the $817 repair was covered with no deductible. If I had to pay for it I guess I do what I have always done just use the trip meter.

IWN2RYD
05-05-2010, 11:45 PM
I know I have seen post about BEST before but I can not find anything at this time. Does anyone have any idea on how to get more info.

PM this guy from his thread... http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18217&highlight=warranty

retired1
05-06-2010, 08:28 AM
Congrats on getting the :f_spider: fixed. Now, that the weather is shaping up, you should be able enjoy the ride if you can leave the 'dozer alone for a while.:roflblack:
I guess I should pick up the warranty.

bone crusher
05-06-2010, 10:04 AM
Congrats on getting the :f_spider: fixed. Now, that the weather is shaping up, you should be able enjoy the ride if you can leave the 'dozer alone for a while.:roflblack:
I guess I should pick up the warranty.

No question..this is a no-brainer for this vehicle...5 years, no headaches...well worth it!

I just had an issue and it cost me nothing...phew!

scudrunner
05-06-2010, 01:09 PM
PM this guy from his thread... http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...light=warranty (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18217&highlight=warranty)

Don't be surprised when you talk to "this guy" on the phone. "His" voice will be a little higher than expected! :joke:

IWN2RYD
05-06-2010, 01:59 PM
Don't be surprised when you talk to "this guy" on the phone. "His" voice will be a little higher than expected! :joke:

LOL.. Yep!! "Her" name is Bryce :2thumbs::roflblack::ohyea::shemademe_smilie:

FANG
05-06-2010, 02:54 PM
Have had to use the BEST Warranty towing feature twice since I have had my spyder. They have always made things very easy and have responded in a very timely fashion. Both times repairs were covered by warranty. I like that the first question they ask is "Are you in a safe place and are you alright?"
For my money the BEST Warranty is the best value. :2thumbs:

bone crusher
05-06-2010, 07:50 PM
Have had to use the BEST Warranty towing feature twice since I have had my spyder. They have always made things very easy and have responded in a very timely fashion. Both times repairs were covered by warranty. I like that the first question they ask is "Are you in a safe place and are you alright?"
For my money the BEST Warranty is the best value. :2thumbs:

Agreed...that is the first thing they ask...they don't want you calling them in the middle of traffic! :yikes:

1551retired
05-16-2010, 04:05 PM
When I took delivery of my RTS on Friday they tried to sell me a RPM ONE extended warranty. Since I had never heard of this company I told them I would think about it over the weekend. They wanted $679 for two years beyond the factory which they said was only one year (total of three years). After reading the manual I see I have a two year warranty:dontknow:

Reading through this thread it sounds like BRP's BEST extended warranty is the way to go. My question is why didn't my dealer (listed as a BRP Platinum Certified 2000 dealer in Virginia on the BEST web site) offer me the Best warranty? I'm going to call them back tomorrow and see if they will offer me the BEST warranty. If they will not is www.bertsmegamall.com (http://www.bertsmegamall.com) an authorized BRP Best warranty retailer that can sell me an extended warranty in Virginia?

Thanks.

Red Recluse
05-16-2010, 04:31 PM
The dealer I bought my spyder from didn't offer a warranty to me either. I just assumed all they had was the 2 year factory warranty.