PDA

View Full Version : Left Turn Signal Out...Any Suggestions?

MetroAsian
05-05-2010, 05:42 PM
My left turn signal was intermittently working but then just went completely out the other day. The right turn signal works fine. I checked and replaced the fuse and that does not seem to be the issue. Only thing I can think of doing next is changing the light bulb. The Spyder only has 6,000 miles on it though. Any suggestions or anyone else experience similar issues?

NancysToy
05-05-2010, 05:45 PM
Replace the bulb.

boborgera
05-05-2010, 06:03 PM
My left turn signal was intermittently working but then just went completely out the other day. The right turn signal works fine. I checked and replaced the fuse and that does not seem to be the issue. Only thing I can think of doing next is changing the light bulb. The Spyder only has 6,000 miles on it though. Any suggestions or anyone else experience similar issues?

Could be lose in the socket? But like Scotty said you probably need to replace the bulb.

MetroAsian
05-05-2010, 06:15 PM
Hi Bob & Scotty. Thanks for your replies.

I just got back from opening up the casing and the bulbs were fine. I swapped the good bulb from the right side and put it in the left turn signal and still...does not work. I hate to go into the dealership over a stupid blinker. They won't see me until Monday of next week and they usually have a week turnaround.

Firefly
05-05-2010, 06:27 PM
Hi Bob & Scotty. Thanks for your replies.

I just got back from opening up the casing and the bulbs were fine. I swapped the good bulb from the right side and put it in the left turn signal and still...does not work. I hate to go into the dealership over a stupid blinker. They won't see me until Monday of next week and they usually have a week turnaround.

Pop the display console and check your connectors (assuming you're talking about the fronts).

NancysToy
05-05-2010, 07:05 PM
Pop the display console and check your connectors (assuming you're talking about the fronts).
:agree: Next thing to check is the connectors, front or rear. The fuse would cause all the signals to be out. A bad switch would cause all the signals, or both of them on one side, to be out. You are on the right track.