PDA

View Full Version : Shift Lever issue...

bone crusher
05-04-2010, 08:37 PM
Well, I got my bike back today and I am very grateful to Fun on Wheels in Frederick, MD. They are a classy organization and worked with me each step of the way.

Sam, the tech, was quite experienced with the bike and had to tighten up a few things...I rode about 35 miles home...no problems....gear shifting perfect...

While there, he tested the belt tension with whatever that tool is...was over 1400...he reduced it to 900 and said it would likely be safer to do so than to bring it all the way down to 450 +/- 100 or 150...I thought that was reasonable..the bike did initially vibrate more, but it settled down nicely on the highway at high speeds...less vibration now...cool!

I also had the sport rack put on...very nice product...metal, instead of plastic...only bad part is that I lost ESI's center brake light as the sport rack replaces this...drats....any way to put anything else there to take its place?

All in all, although I was without my bike for almost 2 weeks, it was well taken care of and it's running just fine now...I have no idea what triggered the gear shifting issue, but Sam took really good care about it...kudos to him and Fun on Wheels...