PDA

View Full Version : I picked up my RT-S

2manycars
05-04-2010, 04:17 PM
As it turns out the entire problem yesterday was a ground wire that was not connected, and thus no charging took place. I asked the SM how that was not checked at PDI and he had no excuse. Whet he has offered by way of some compensation is an installed GPS-The BRP one for $900.00. I was not sure if I was adding it but the price is Ok (not good) now and so it is on order.

I think the plan is to use my iphone as my IPOD. Sync the bluetooth from the GPS to the phone and use my XI chatterbox for both GMRS communication and phone calls. I have an old XM unit that I tried to install, but with no metal the antenna does not work. I may have to purchase a portable XM unit and add a power plug to the front-though after the thousands I spent on the RS I pretty much made up my mind not to start customizing again. Twenty Eight thousand give or take is more than enough money spent already.

The dealer is removing and returning the hand-brake. I will sell it, with its 1000 miles worth of use.

I Like the RT so far, but hope there is a way to add my highway pegs to it-Perhpas it is in the works already.