PDA

View Full Version : 6,000 mi service

Frig
05-04-2010, 02:26 PM
I had a 10:00 am appointment at my central new jersey dealer for a 6000 mi service. I told the service rep I would wait for it since I live an hour away. It's now 3:30 and I'm still here. What a miserable day. I wish there were more BRP dealers around. Are you listening BRP?

Rando
05-04-2010, 03:36 PM
I wish there were more BRP dealers around. Are you listening BRP?2 dealers close to me recently closed their doors!

SpyderSteve
05-04-2010, 03:53 PM
i have a 4 pm appt. tomorrow [wed] for same thing, will post tomorrow to let you know how mine goes. but so far every appt. i have had with my dealer also about 1 hour away has been great! [:congrats: snow city]

Frig
05-04-2010, 06:05 PM
6 hours and now they know I'm not happy. Service rep said oil in airbox is from too much oil or gunning it. I mentioned solution on this forum with the filter material in the hose going into the box. His response is that forums are not official and BRP would not be happy if he started shoving stuff in the hose. Muffler has leak but they have to order the gasket. I thought this was a common problem. Now I have to go back once it's in. We'll I'm finally leaving after 8 hours for a simple 6000 mile service.

burg650
05-04-2010, 07:06 PM
Which dealer did you go to, was it Ledgewood Power Sports. I think I will do my own 6000 mile service as it seem to be just oil change and the two filters and check nuts and bolts and give the bike a good looking over, no one had been able to tell me that I must get it done by dealer and no one can tell me that there is any update for the computer as well so why take it to them. I also believe that one or both of the top exhaust gasket need to be changed and I know that will not be something they will have in stock and don't want brp's anyway as they seem to go fast and I also want to change the plugs as well.

FANG
05-04-2010, 07:08 PM
John - hope you were able to get your :spyder2: done in 1 day. My 12,000 mile check took 2 weeks (waiting on parts again) and cost twicw as much as the 6,000 miler. Hate to see what the 24,000 mile check is going to cost. :pray: :pray:

krb1945
05-04-2010, 07:17 PM
Your service center is a little behind the curve. It was BRP that suggested the foam in the tube to stop the oil from migrating to the airbox. You must be careful and not put too much because it will restrict the air flow in both directions. There are several threads on different methods to stop the oil from blowing into the air box. Ken krb1945

Frig
05-04-2010, 08:07 PM
8 hours and $525. They were nice and only charged for 4 hours at $110 per hour. And we wonder why places go out of business. I know about the oil issues and I asked several questions that have come up on this forum. They just feel that only BRP themselves have the answers and that any forum is not official. I think from now on, I will only go to a dealer for warranty issues and do everything else myself.
Since I was there for the whole day I noticed several Spyders on the floor. 1 with a rear fender bolt missing and 1 with a cracked front fender. Way to sell those Spyders!!!
Sorry if I sound angry but that doesn't begin to say how I feel.

Frig
05-04-2010, 08:08 PM
Sorry Burg 650, it was not Ledgewood

jabba11
05-04-2010, 08:11 PM
Your service center is a little behind the curve. It was BRP that suggested the foam in the tube to stop the oil from migrating to the airbox. You must be careful and not put too much because it will restrict the air flow in both directions. There are several threads on different methods to stop the oil from blowing into the air box. Ken krb1945
Then I am glad I got one from you!

vendit
05-04-2010, 08:14 PM
2 dealers close to me recently closed their doors!

Hey Rando...I was just curious what two dealers closed? I am not happy with my dealer in Flint, and am looking for another one.

Thanks!

jabba11
05-04-2010, 08:17 PM
8 hours and $525. They were nice and only charged for 4 hours at $110 per hour. And we wonder why places go out of business. I know about the oil issues and I asked several questions that have come up on this forum. They just feel that only BRP themselves have the answers and that any forum is not official. I think from now on, I will only go to a dealer for warranty issues and do everything else myself.
Since I was there for the whole day I noticed several Spyders on the floor. 1 with a rear fender bolt missing and 1 with a cracked front fender. Way to sell those Spyders!!!
Sorry if I sound angry but that doesn't begin to say how I feel.
A good dealership is apparently not easy to find. i am with you. I will not be taking my Spyder in to any place to do anything other than somethign that is a warranty issue or i cannot do myself. ill take my chances and save my money. I must admit that if there were a dealership here where I live I would spend some real time trying to get to know them and see what I felt comfortable with them doing. It just seems to me that a disproportionate number of dealerships...well...suck.

Frig
05-04-2010, 08:23 PM
I hope Carlos is paying attention. I love the bike but hate the service

Some Guy
05-04-2010, 08:34 PM
Hey Rando...I was just curious what two dealers closed? I am not happy with my dealer in Flint, and am looking for another one.

Thanks!
Hey Mike,
I got mine at Grove's Motorsports in Mason. They have been good to me so far and listen to me when I mention issues I've seen on this site. I think Mason is maybe a couple miles closer than Flint for you. :thumbup:

PM me for more info, etc...

boborgera
05-04-2010, 10:02 PM

M/M i guess??
I do all maintenance myself, even the 600. Not because i dislike my dealer it's because i like to do it myself at my leisure. I buy all my parts and accessories from him and I've been buying all my motorcycles, ATVs, side/sides, snowmobiles, trailers from him since 1988, It's an 80 mile ride to his place in Honesdale Pa. But if any of my toys need work that i can't handle i only use him. :2thumbs: [and i I'm only ten miles from Ledgewood]

burg650
05-04-2010, 10:39 PM

Don't be sorry, I was hoping it was not as I have had nothing but good services from them. Maybe you should look at them for next time.