PDA

View Full Version : Ontario, Michigan, Ohio, Indiana Spyderlovers going to BRP Event

dltang
05-03-2010, 06:48 PM
The ride to BRP Event leaving Friday, June 25th.

I decided to start a new thread so that anyone on or near the route we are taking would be able to take notice and jump in if they are interested.
Here is the route we are taking and our current planned stops for picking up additional Spyderlovers.
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k319/dltang/Extra%20photos%20for%20upload/BRPmap.png

We plan on entering I-69 at exit 141/Belsay Rd approx. 08:00 a.m. We will pick up Mark (Mxz600) at approx. 11:00a.m at I-94 exit 56 near Lawrence, MI. We will leave from there and meet the Indiana Spyders for lunch at Portillos in Merrillville, just off I-65 at approx. 1:00p.m. All times listed are EST. After lunch, we head to the Candlewood Suites in LIbertyville, IL

Those coming from Ontario may be crossing the border either at Sarnia or Detroit. If you are crossing at Sarnia, we would be glad to meet up with you on I-69. If you want to come over on Thurs night, we have a spare room and an additional blow up mattress. We can put you up for the night and then all leave from here in the morning. Chime in if you are interested in meeting for any part or all of the ride to this event.

fastfraser
05-03-2010, 07:06 PM
:2thumbs: Sounds like a plan. Hook up with you Fri. Morn. We will come out thurs nite and grab a hotel. Thanks for the invite.

dltang
05-03-2010, 07:53 PM
:2thumbs: Sounds like a plan. Hook up with you Fri. Morn. We will come out thurs nite and grab a hotel. Thanks for the invite.

Sounds great! Two exits east of us is Davison, MI. There is a Comfort Inn I think it is right off the highway. Or if you head west there are more in Flint. Let us know where you end up and we'll give you directions for the meet up. Can't wait to meet everyone and ride out together.

superfly3
05-03-2010, 10:28 PM
:2thumbs: I think it is going to be Trickiedick,8legs,superfly3 riding up from Indiana to meet at Portillos in Merrillville,I am not aware of anyone else but if I am wrong please let me know,also did anyone get a VIP Invitation in the mail from BRP? I got mine today.:yes:

Firefly
05-03-2010, 10:33 PM
:2thumbs: I think it is going to be Trickiedick,8legs,superfly3 riding up from Indiana to meet at Portillos in Merrillville,I am not aware of anyone else but if I am wrong please let me know,also did anyone get a VIP Invitation in the mail from BRP? I got mine today.:yes:

Got mine today too....:thumbup:

2faston3
05-04-2010, 05:25 AM
Hi!

Is that offer of a room still available?

I am comimng from central Ontario, and may get there I am hoping - around 9:00 - 10:00 pm Thursday night...

Thanks

2faston3

NorthStar
05-04-2010, 06:23 AM
Janet and I (Mike) plan on crossing over at Detroit on Friday morning and joining the group in Merrillville for lunch.

We have room for overnighters who are traveling from further north in Ontario and need a place to stay on Thursday evening. We are located about 1 hour from Detroit up the 401 in Blenheim.

First couple registering receive the keys to the guest bedroom, with a handy full bathroom . We also have a second bedroom with a single bed and of course a comfortable queen size air mattress that can be made up in the rec room.

If anyone is interested please drop us a line.

dltang
05-04-2010, 08:25 AM
Hi!

Is that offer of a room still available?

I am comimng from central Ontario, and may get there I am hoping - around 9:00 - 10:00 pm Thursday night...

Thanks

2faston3

Sure is. I'll PM you with directions and a phone #

dltang
05-04-2010, 08:27 AM
Janet and I (Mike) plan on crossing over at Detroit on Friday morning and joining the group in Merrillville for lunch.

We have room for overnighters who are traveling from further north in Ontario and need a place to stay on Thursday evening. We are located about 1 hour from Detroit up the 401 in Blenheim.

First couple registering receive the keys to the guest bedroom, with a handy full bathroom . We also have a second bedroom with a single bed and of course a comfortable queen size air mattress that can be made up in the rec room.

If anyone is interested please drop us a line.

Sounds good, we will see you in Merrillville for lunch unless we catch each other on 94 before then. Are you taking 94 all the way across MI or are you shooting south and headed across the 80/90?

NorthStar
05-04-2010, 02:09 PM
We will probably take I 94 straight across, or whatever route my GPS tells me to take to Merrillville. :pray:

Once I find out who else from Ontario/Quebec wants to tag along crossing at Detroit, I will firm up travel plans. As it stands now, Janet and I are definitely sold on meeting up with your group, and those coming up from Indiana, on the way. Will keep in touch and drop you a line once things are sorted out within the next few weeks.

dltang
05-07-2010, 09:37 PM
bump for anyone else out there thinking of going to the event and may want to ride along with us.

dltang
05-07-2010, 09:38 PM
So far it looks like we are going to have at least 3 Ontario Spyders joining us as we breeze through Michigan. Can't wait to meet everyone and looking forward to the Spyder ride.

dltang
05-15-2010, 02:36 AM
Well, it looks like we have at least 3 spyders coming across the border on Thursday night, June 24th. So we have the Canadian Connection meeting up with the Michigan Militia and then on to the Indiana Pacers. This is going to be a great ride and a great time with a change to meet more SpyderLovers.

NorthStar
05-15-2010, 05:50 AM
Thought about heading out Friday morning, but after doing some calculations on travel times it became obvious that we would have had to depart around 5:30 a.m. to make it work. :yikes:
Sanity kicked in and we decided the best option was to cross at Sarnia on Thursday evening and meet up with everyone at 8 a.m. on Friday at the arranged rendez vous point near I-69.
Looking forward to meeting everyone and a great weekend ride.

steelers58
05-15-2010, 09:42 AM
My wife and I are also planning on meeting at Portillos in Merrillville. I also received the VIP invitation in the mail.

dltang
05-15-2010, 01:09 PM
My wife and I are also planning on meeting at Portillos in Merrillville. I also received the VIP invitation in the mail.
Looking forward to meeting you and riding in with another Indiana Spyderlover.

BajaRon
05-15-2010, 01:29 PM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k319/dltang/Extra%20photos%20for%20upload/BRPmap.png

Looks like I'm riding in by myself again. This "Buddy" thing needs some work! :dontknow:

Anyway, I did not do too well hooking up enroute to Cowtown, (ie., the Florida 5 fiasco! :yikes:). But there is an intersection in our travels...

http://members.cox.net/bajaron/Map.JPG

dltang
05-15-2010, 01:52 PM
Hey Ron, we'll see you for lunch then. Yeah!!

BajaRon
05-15-2010, 03:32 PM
Lunch is usually at Noon but I see you're eating at 1:00pm. My kind of schedule!

Actually, I can be on time but I miss the attention! :D

Firefly
05-15-2010, 07:40 PM
Lunch is usually at Noon but I see you're eating at 1:00pm. My kind of schedule!

Actually, I can be on time but I miss the attention! :D

So they should expect you around 2:00??? :roflblack:

BajaRon
05-15-2010, 11:06 PM
So they should expect you around 2:00??? :roflblack:

If they are like some they'll tell me 1pm and eat at 2pm. If they are like others they'll tell me 1Pm and eat at 11:30am!

I know who my friends are by this method!

dltang
05-28-2010, 09:52 PM
Bump
Less than a month away, anyone else joining us? Is everyone getting excited and getting ready for the ride? I sure am.

Some Guy
05-28-2010, 10:16 PM
Bump
Less than a month away, anyone else joining us? Is everyone getting excited and getting ready for the ride? I sure am.

I can't make it...just like SpyderFest in Cuba, MO!!! :roflblack: :roflblack: :roflblack:

I'm sooooo bad...no one will ever believe me again! :yikes:

SpyderSteve
05-29-2010, 09:15 AM
i am pretty sure i am going, managed to change some holidays around :2thumbs: when are you planning on returning?

dltang
05-29-2010, 10:31 AM
Coming home sometime on Sunday, not sure exactly what time but won't be too late. Probably late morning after breakfast.