PDA

View Full Version : Corbin Seat (Lamonster Cut) question

Sopher
05-03-2010, 09:41 AM
Is either the standard or the Lamonster cut edition of the Corbin seat for the RT-S further back than stock?

Please describe.. Higher, lower, wider etc. Inquiring butts need to know.:D

Plus how often do you really use the heated option?

Lamonster
05-03-2010, 09:56 AM
The standard cut is about 1" 1/4 back from stock.
The Lamonster cut is more dished out and the back of the seat has less of a tapper forward.

dave01
05-03-2010, 10:00 AM
And it feels really, really good:2thumbs:

When I ordered mine, I told her just like lamonsters, but without the name on it. She said she hoped I didnt want someone elses name on my seat..LOL

Sopher
05-03-2010, 10:50 AM
Not to :bdh: but would the Lamonster Cut be more of a bucket seat than the standard corbin cut, AND the mini back rest bump is more shallow and not as pronounced as the Corbin or BRP seat?

It's just hard to compare without detailed side by side pictures and even more difficult when I cant try it out first. I liked my Corbin seat when I had my RS. I'm temped to get Corbin stock and if it needs more work, I could do that. Just need those large heavy duty rivets!

Dwight
05-03-2010, 11:01 AM
Off topic but.....Hey Sopher, got water?:D

Dwight

Lamonster
05-03-2010, 11:02 AM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18780

fredace
05-03-2010, 03:57 PM
Bah, I have no life. Just ordered the Lamonster version from Corbin. 4 week lead time.

Sopher
05-03-2010, 09:59 PM
Great stuff Lamont. But now I'm at analysis paralysis.
I liked the Corbin seat that i had on my RS. I'm sure I'll like either one for RTs. But which one. Stock Corbin or Lamionster Cut. I'm 5'5" tall with a 32" inseem.
When I sit on my stock RTs seat and place my feet on the fender "wings" its a full length stretch, no knee bend.

I know that backrest is what I really need. Please advise.

Lamonster
05-04-2010, 09:16 AM
Great stuff Lamont. But now I'm at analysis paralysis.
I liked the Corbin seat that i had on my RS. I'm sure I'll like either one for RTs. But which one. Stock Corbin or Lamionster Cut. I'm 5'5" tall with a 32" inseem.
When I sit on my stock RTs seat and place my feet on the fender "wings" its a full length stretch, no knee bend.

I know that backrest is what I really need. Please advise.
Best to call and talk with the guys making the seat. :doorag:

ARtraveler
05-14-2010, 05:16 PM
Decided to order Corbin seat for my RTS. I have in the past complained about thier shipping charges and swore off of any more Corbin products mainly because of that reason. Nevertheless, I broke down because I wanted the seat. Order was placed on 5/1, they charged me for the seat on 5/5 and today they said it was ready to ship. They said the shipping charges are $220.00. Their normal method of shipping to me has been UPS. I feel like they are taking advantage of customers with unrealistic shipping charges. Anyone else have similar experience?

tomvolk
05-14-2010, 06:31 PM
I ordered my RTS Spyder Corbin seat 4/13/10 and was sent a confirming email stating 2-3 week delivery. I do not have it yet and have followed up several times.

Very friendly people at Corbin--after several missed shipment dates they said that the heater pad has been backordered (I ordered the heated seat).

Newest ship date is 5/21/10 ---and I hope they make that date.

The total cost was charged to my credit card on 4/14/10. I checked the order confirmation and the fine print states that they will charge the full when they start production of the seat and no cancellations allowed.

Again--very friendly people-- but I am not happy with the delivery situation and the timeliness of the charge to my card.

Lamonster
05-14-2010, 06:57 PM
Decided to order Corbin seat for my RTS. I have in the past complained about thier shipping charges and swore off of any more Corbin products mainly because of that reason. Nevertheless, I broke down because I wanted the seat. Order was placed on 5/1, they charged me for the seat on 5/5 and today they said it was ready to ship. They said the shipping charges are $220.00. Their normal method of shipping to me has been UPS. I feel like they are taking advantage of customers with unrealistic shipping charges. Anyone else have similar experience?
Is it being delivered by Ice Road Truckers? :yikes:
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Eagle+River,+AK&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=Eagle+River&gl=us&ei=GuPtS5rtBsP_lgf-4JW0CA&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CBsQ8gEwAA

ARtraveler
05-14-2010, 08:53 PM
RE: Corbin seat delivery charge--Yes, you would think that the seat was being delivered by Ice Road Truckers and that I was paying for any breakdowns they had along the way. I checked the UPS rate chart. They are shipping a 36.5# package via ground service. I am considered zone 44 from their shipping place. The actual rate was $128.00 and change. They are charging me almost an extra $100.00. They must be charging for packaging (which is usually very good), labor and whatever else they can come up with. I would guess that should be figured into the selling price of the item. To almost double the actual shipping rate is pretty bad in my opinion. I definately am done dealing with Corbin. Caveat Emptor.