PDA

View Full Version : How many spyder riders are on here from MN?

SethO
05-03-2010, 04:20 AM
I have often wondered how many people are on here that ride in MN so post up if you do.

I do and I am up in dirt town (bemidji) and I ride everyday that my spyder is broke and am always looking to ride with other spyders. I drag race on the Wednesday nights that BIR(Brainerd) has the street drags on which are pretty fun if you have not seen them.

I know SB bob rides in the cities.

MadDogMN
05-03-2010, 03:14 PM
I'm in the Ramsey, north and west of Minneapolis.

MadDogMN
05-07-2010, 08:11 AM
Who has a lime green spyder? I seen it parked at the Outpost the other day. :2thumbs:

sledhead
05-07-2010, 08:52 AM
Hey guys...
I'm up here is SNOWY Duluth. Yes it's freaking snowing, albeit lightly right now. That sucks.
Anyway, glad to see your bike is getting repaired SETHO.
I cant wait for the weather to get better up here. Although I know it's not been great in Bemidji either.
Later.

SethO
05-08-2010, 11:10 AM
Hey guys...
I'm up here is SNOWY Duluth. Yes it's freaking snowing, albeit lightly right now. That sucks.
Anyway, glad to see your bike is getting repaired SETHO.
I cant wait for the weather to get better up here. Although I know it's not been great in Bemidji either.
Later.

got my bike back last night, I HATE to trailer any bike but it was schit yesterday, 2 inchs on the ground last night, its mostly gone was a balmy 34 this morning, I am going out, it was AWSOME after spyder fest went I was throwing rocks at the neighbors kids cause my spyder, they were so happy last night when they heard my bike.

I wll get over there to duluth soon.

Paula(Butch2025)
05-08-2010, 05:02 PM
Hi I am in North Banch about 50 miles north of the St Paul. Any body going to the mall on friday or saturday to see the BRP peaple

kytten
05-09-2010, 07:51 PM
I'm in Rosemount. There's another yellow Spyder out here too that I've seen once and been told of once, but they sure don't ride much and I don't think they're on the boards.

cspotts
05-13-2010, 01:48 PM
I am in Eden Prairie... Hi All

SethO
05-15-2010, 12:03 AM
there has to be more than 5 people from the Great white north that ride these things.

kytten
05-15-2010, 09:16 AM
Maybe the rest don't know about the internets.

kytten
05-15-2010, 09:19 AM
I am in Eden Prairie... Hi All

Hi!

I drive or ride through Eden Prairie every week day to go to work. I usually come up 169 to Frontier, then to Flying Cloud, round the Mall on Prairie Center Drive and past the PetsMart on Prairie Lakes Drive.

Look forward to seeing you around!

SethO
05-16-2010, 01:25 AM
any of you going to the chicago owners event?

kytten
05-16-2010, 02:55 PM

Undecided.

SethO
05-17-2010, 12:32 AM
Undecided.

come on, its 4.5 hours less driving for you kids in the cities that it is for me.

kytten
05-17-2010, 09:16 AM
Yeah... I know.

But I have parrots and no one to parrot sit. Plus I don't have my full m/c endorsement yet so couldn't do highway driving.

I'll have to see if I can get endorsed first. Then I'll decide.

cspotts
05-17-2010, 10:14 AM
would love to go .. but we have a 3 wk old at home.. momma might shoot me

SethO
05-17-2010, 12:22 PM
Yeah... I know.

But I have parrots and no one to parrot sit. Plus I don't have my full m/c endorsement yet so couldn't do highway driving.

I'll have to see if I can get endorsed first. Then I'll decide.

ride with one on each shoulder, I thought I saw a clip on wcco on a school for just the spyder to get your endorsement, I would still reccomend a basic riders course for anyone riding that can ride a bike even if they do not like it, the increased challange will put you in a better way for a serious riding situation,

would love to go .. but we have a 3 wk old at home.. momma might shoot me

ride fast and avoid the bullets.. Kids are alot or work,I wish the people I talked to on 911 would take theirs into consideration doing half the stuff they did.

sledhead
05-17-2010, 01:41 PM

I cant make it either.... had plans for that time.
Next time.

MadDogMN
05-18-2010, 03:17 PM
I thought I saw a clip on wcco on a school for just the spyder to get your endorsement

I could be wrong but I don't believe you can get a MC endorsement on three wheels.

ZRCAT600
05-18-2010, 08:12 PM
I am in Greenfield just west of the cities. I just brought mine in for the 600 mile check up. I saw another Spyder in Buffalo yesterday and another one the day before heading west on 394 in Minnetonka. They seem to be getting more popular. :2thumbs::doorag:

samf36
05-22-2010, 07:36 PM
Nice meeting you today Seth at the 10-88 ride.

David and Sharold

SethO
05-22-2010, 09:32 PM
Nice meeting you today Seth at the 10-88 ride.

David and Sharold

Great to meet you two as well, hope you get some info on here that helps you out.

I was in duluth and should have hit up sledhead on here, made a land speed record in duluth yesterday and was over in fargo area today.

made 85 miles in 46 minutes from Detroit lakes to dirt town, 113 in hubbard co is one of the best roads for spyders along with jay cook state highway. I mean if you have alot to live for I would not take them too hard though.

deano_mn
06-07-2010, 12:18 AM
Deano down in Rochester...recent Spyder owner of a used 2008. Old Yamaha FZr gone, and now trying three wheels. Glad to meet you all

ndspyderman
06-13-2010, 07:57 AM
don't live in Minnesota, (West Fargo, ND) but we ride a lot in Mn on our short trips. Just got a 2010 RTS-SE5 with the 622 trailer (orbital blue), hope to make longer rides into Mn and Wisconsin.:chat:

SethO
06-13-2010, 06:56 PM
don't live in Minnesota, (West Fargo, ND) but we ride a lot in Mn on our short trips. Just got a 2010 RTS-SE5 with the 622 trailer (orbital blue), hope to make longer rides into Mn and Wisconsin.:chat:

fargo is 142 miles from dirt town. fun times I have a few friends I ride with in fargo.

Lynn
06-20-2010, 01:06 PM
I have a 2008 spyder, and ride the Northern suburbs, Chisago city area. Nice to meet more spyder lovers.
Lynn

Questions
06-28-2010, 02:16 PM
I am currently in Stacy, MN. Love my spyder, hate the issues I am having with it. We will be moving to Grantsburg, WI in two weeks, I will still available for rides if people want to go:chat:

LottaLegs
08-02-2010, 06:53 PM
Kytten, I think I passed you on my way home from work in EP to Carver recently. I was so excited to see another female on a Spyder!

You were turning East on Pioneer Trail, I was going south on Flying Cloud.

Fun!

jnt
08-18-2010, 04:00 PM
We are in south Minneapolis.

I hunch that there are many SL's who don't visit the state groups.

Del1029
09-16-2010, 09:24 AM
We are in Linwood Mn. Just off Martin Lake,The wife and I have spiders hers is a RT 10 and I have a 08. Just back from Sturgis Rally and Montana-Wyoming, put on near 4000 mi.

MMcc
10-10-2010, 06:58 AM
Just purchased a 2008 spyder. I live 50 miles west of Minneapolis. Would love to join others for rides next spring. Leaving for sunny CA in 2 weeks. Trailering the spyder. Mike McC

SethO
10-24-2010, 03:13 AM
anyone down in the ****ies riding still? getting colder up here at night. It has been the best 45 days of the year for riding.

Paula(Butch2025)
10-29-2010, 09:03 PM
Butch is still riding to work every day and we are thinking of going for a ride tomorrow.

SpyderAnn01
10-29-2010, 10:52 PM
Butch is still riding to work every day and we are thinking of going for a ride tomorrow.
Its getting a little cold here in Michigan too. Joe and I rode today it was sunny and 50. The sun makes 50 feel more like 60. I've only used the low setting on the heated grips, I don't want to wimp out and turn them on high just yet.

Seth do you put snow tires on your Spyder?

LDFIREWORKS
10-29-2010, 10:58 PM
Fla hade 86 o/o today i wish i was there snow would be awsome to see for a change enjoy:clap: :yikes:

SethO
10-31-2010, 11:08 AM

that is awesome I didn't ride anywhere but to work last week with that crazy wind and rain and thats not even 15 miles total trip. I would like to get back down there but with deer hunting going on and such it cuts into my riding time. I am kicking around going to sirra vista AZ this jan/feb trailering down to NM and riding over if anyone wants to go . be about 10 days, got a place to crash for at least 4 people total.

Its getting a little cold here in Michigan too. Joe and I rode today it was sunny and 50. The sun makes 50 feel more like 60. I've only used the low setting on the heated grips, I don't want to wimp out and turn them on high just yet.

Seth do you put snow tires on your Spyder?

No, the problem was the front tires create so much drag is you are stopped in more than 3 inches of snow that you do spin, I am sure if I found a snow tire it would work but that would only get me about 5-10 more days of riding. The spyder works great on tar with a "little" ice so you have to pick and choose what you want to do. Me being in a wheelchair "kinda" limits the days I go out with the snow and all.

Fla hade 86 o/o today i wish i was there snow would be awsome to see for a change enjoy:clap: :yikes:

come on up and ride or see how cold it can get. it was only 29 degrees here last night if would only get down to 0 this place would be a ton more conducive to riding. that and it was summer again on march 1st.

MMcc
11-02-2010, 07:35 PM
Bought a spyder in Atlanta and rode it home to MN. Put it on a trailer and towed it behind the motorhome to the winter home in California. Will return to MN sometime next April. Mike :yes:

SethO
03-12-2011, 12:18 AM
any new mn riders this year? it looks like it will be over freezing all next week and my bike will be fixed SO hopefully I will be out riding by tuesday. It would be great to have a MN spyder meetup somewhere that would help everyone with a meet and greet.

MMcc
03-12-2011, 12:36 AM
Seth; It is a little early for me to return to MN. Weather here is in the 80's but will cool down to the 70's by the end of next week. We will stay here until the nights a too warm for sleeping. This coming week-end I plan to drive to LA area and go with my daughters boyfriend riding on PCH. He said it will be a easy day run of 5 to 6 hours. He just purchased a 2008 :spyder2: with my incouragement and seems to enjoy riding it. Right now he is adding a GPS ram mount, finished the satellite radio and iPhone hook up. I added some more lights to mine as Hwy I-10 if full of trucks at night and I prefer to be lit up like a Christmas tree to make myself more visible to them. We are 50 miles each direction from any type of town so I have lots of opportunities to ride the highways. Another friend here in the park has a 2010 RT so we find any excuse to run to the store. Hopefully will have the opportunity to meet others:ani29: in MN this summer.

Beon1
03-12-2011, 04:56 PM
Do I count? I am about 20 mile east of Stillwater. One of those border jumpers. I just baught a 08 about a month ago. I just got to take it out on my maiden voyage. Pretty gutsey to buy one and have never road one before. I read alot about Spyders before I spent the money. Final result is ,"I LOVE IT!! It is definately a toy. Fun as Hell!! Hope that someone in the area arranges some sort of get together ride this summer!!:2thumbs:

SethO
03-12-2011, 11:27 PM
Do I count? I am about 20 mile east of Stillwater. One of those border jumpers. I just baught a 08 about a month ago. I just got to take it out on my maiden voyage. Pretty gutsey to buy one and have never road one before. I read alot about Spyders before I spent the money. Final result is ,"I LOVE IT!! It is definately a toy. Fun as Hell!! Hope that someone in the area arranges some sort of get together ride this summer!!:2thumbs:

as long as you want to ride, and bring some cheese...

Beon1
03-14-2011, 08:15 AM
I'll bring the CHEESE but will leave the Wine at home.

bobbobtar
03-14-2011, 09:08 AM
Seth;
I will be picking up my 2011 RT from Ray's around the end of April,maybe a run up Hwy 1 to Ely and back to Swen & Olie's in Grand Marais.

SethO
03-16-2011, 11:17 PM
Seth;
I will be picking up my 2011 RT from Ray's around the end of April,maybe a run up Hwy 1 to Ely and back to Swen & Olie's in Grand Marais.

hwy 1 is awesome, wish the spyder was faster for the big sweepers on the east end of it. I have video of me and a harvey danielson on the west side of it, effe east.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAf_Zqct95A

POPS 57
03-22-2011, 01:57 PM
We picked a used 09 up for the wife late last fall. She is in Staples Minn. where the dirt driveway is all mud now. Soon to be snow again then mud again. I ride a 98 honda valkyrie. We went on a ride summer before last out of 10-Hi in Motley. Seth we met a fellow on on yellow spyder that was paralyzed there. I think he was from around the Detroit Lakes area. I don't know what dirt town stands for. Did you have a yellow spyder or was that you. This guy had a gal. with him that rides a white harley. Right now i am working in the cities and living in Eagan soon to retire i hope. :ohyea: So if there is a meet and greet we are all over the state

SethO
03-24-2011, 09:02 PM
We picked a used 09 up for the wife late last fall. She is in Staples Minn. where the dirt driveway is all mud now. Soon to be snow again then mud again. I ride a 98 honda valkyrie. We went on a ride summer before last out of 10-Hi in Motley. Seth we met a fellow on on yellow spyder that was paralyzed there. I think he was from around the Detroit Lakes area. I don't know what dirt town stands for. Did you have a yellow spyder or was that you. This guy had a gal. with him that rides a white harley. Right now i am working in the cities and living in Eagan soon to retire i hope. :ohyea: So if there is a meet and greet we are all over the state

that was not me, there is a guy in park rapids with a red spyder who is also in a wheelchair which is weird to all be in the same area.

Dirt town is Bemidji mn, 120ish miles north of staples. Mine looks like my pic here, silver death machine esk.

bobbobtar
03-25-2011, 06:40 PM
Seth,
Great video, soon everything will be green again.

SethO
03-26-2011, 03:23 PM
Seth,
Great video, soon everything will be green again.

thanks that is my old go cam, terrible compared to the new HD one I have but worked for that I needed then.

People keep saying that it will be green again, I just want better than 11 degrees when I ride home from work. Its sunny and 19 out, WTF

I should do a cookout up here this spring for MN riders, IF brp gives me the RSS to test I will do it up.

bobbobtar
03-26-2011, 06:59 PM
Seth,
Let me know when, the wife and I will be there, she makes a mean potato salad.

docdoru
03-26-2011, 07:47 PM
I should do a cookout up here this spring for MN riders, IF brp gives me the RSS to test I will do it up.
Can you do "performance test" with the RSS? :2thumbs:

SethO
03-28-2011, 12:07 AM
Seth,
Let me know when, the wife and I will be there, she makes a mean potato salad.

deal, If I am not saving the world at night I would shoot over, a jay cook state hwy run is in order of course. come on over to dirt town (bemidji) if ya want, I throw together a pretty good run of grilled dead meat and stuff, haven't lost a taste tester this year.

Can you do "performance test" with the RSS? :2thumbs:

Testing, my friend, always testing.

bobbobtar
03-28-2011, 09:19 AM
Seth,
Jay Cook is 7 miles away, any time after April you need a Jay Cook fix let me know.

SethO
03-28-2011, 08:00 PM
Seth,
Jay Cook is 7 miles away, any time after April you need a Jay Cook fix let me know.

just put a small ride together over here, a fj1200 with brakes we fixed, a triumph thunderbird and me in 38 degrees, just a small 45 mile run. still heaves and dirt that holds the two wheelers back. The new motor rebuild has the death machine in the best shape ever.

and I will be over this summer, pm me you # and stuff.

fireplug98
03-19-2012, 11:31 AM
I'm just North of St Paul !!

Squadcarman
03-19-2012, 09:26 PM
I live in Lino Lakes, MN, and also have a cabin north of Pillager, MN. I ride a lot around Brainerd, Nisswa and the lakes area.

soaring hawk
03-19-2012, 09:45 PM
Southeast of Mankato 2011 red rt-s:doorag:

Babyblue
10-21-2012, 11:16 AM
Bought my 2012 RT and have 2000 miles on it. I live in south Minneapolis. Ocassionally I see a lava bronze limitedparked by the post office on 34th, but have not seen any others.

Grandpa Pete
10-24-2012, 08:52 AM
I see I'm a late poster, but, we live in Rockford, a little further than Greenfield,(we're neighbors). We bought ours in summer 2012 and love it. We ride a 2012 RTS SE5 in Magnesium with a RT622 behind. Looking to do some rides next year with other :spyder:'s. I'll keep in touch on the boards. ttfn

scott16119
12-04-2012, 03:42 PM
I just got my 2012 rts-se in October. I'm near Coldspring.

Paula(Butch2025)
12-04-2012, 07:06 PM
I just got my 2012 rts-se in October. I'm near Coldspring.
Welcome! Keep checking the Minnesota forum or the group on the community tab for schedules of upcoming rides. We tend to get about 12-16 spyders for our monthly rides. Looking forward meeting up with you some time.
Paula & Butch in North Branch

glen&tammy
02-10-2013, 04:53 PM
My wife and I bought a 2011 rt last year and put on 6k! The kids are all gone so we are in a new stage in our lives--adventours! We would love to meet some new spyders rides and go on a cruise with you.

We are planning on a 7-9 trip this summer and was wondering if anyone would like to go? How fun would it be to be in a group of spyders goin "going to the sun" road in Glacier National Park or maybe a trip to see Nigra Falls. If anyone is interested, drop me a email and lets make some plans! We're fun people! gnevala@yahoo.com

SPYD1
02-10-2013, 06:52 PM
I lived in Brainerd for a year while consulting there. I love that area. I lived in a hotel called the Lodge. Your a lucky man! Great fishing and general outdoors area. I unfortunately didnt have a Spyder then as they were not out yet.

Questions
02-21-2013, 09:50 PM
Got my Spyder Limited last September. Put almost 2500 miles on it before I parked. Looking forward to several weekend trips this. Best part about today is we are one day closer to riding again.

Paula(Butch2025)
02-22-2013, 09:16 PM
:welcome:I'll be getting together with Les Caswell (Caswell Cycle in Mora) to pick some dates and start planning where to ride this year. When we have the dates I will be posting them here, so keep checking back to the Minnesota forum.

Hovdestar
02-22-2013, 09:32 PM
When you say FROM Minnesota, I grew up in south Minneapolis, so does that count, even though we moved to the Pacific Northwest? :) It's kind of like this: you can take the boy out of Minneapolis, but you can't take Minneapolis out of the boy. Bye. <M>

Bruce C
03-03-2013, 08:11 PM
live in nothern MN, Federal Dam.I Drive 2010 RTS-SE5 Premeir with,RT622 trailer (that trailer has'nt seen much road time)met some good folks on the ride to the lost 40 late summer of 2012.My brother inlaw & i met Seth one day on hwy 2 going to Grand Rapids

Paula(Butch2025)
03-05-2013, 09:00 PM
live in nothern MN, Federal Dam.I Drive 2010 RTS-SE5 Premeir with,RT622 trailer (that trailer has'nt seen much road time)met some good folks on the ride to the lost 40 late summer of 2012.My brother inlaw & i met Seth one day on hwy 2 going to Grand Rapids
That was a fun ride and it great to meet up with you guys up north. Hopefully you'll be able to come on some more of our rides this year.