PDA

View Full Version : We will call it "Venom"

qasamm
05-02-2010, 07:48 AM
I just joined the ranks of MD Spyder owners with the purchase of a 2009 Phantom Spyder. :2excited: Still need to transfer the title, get it inspected, outfit it with tags and get my license. Any advice from others that have been through the process on making it easier and avoiding issues?

I'm really looking forward to getting it on the road but want to make sure its done right.

Ronsam
05-02-2010, 09:23 AM
:2thumbs: welcome :congrats:

Lamonster
05-02-2010, 09:25 AM
welcome:ohyea:

Bersquack
05-02-2010, 09:37 AM
welcome

Big Arm
05-02-2010, 09:48 AM
welcome qasamm :2thumbs:
You found the right place for all your questions :chat:
Welcome aboard :ohyea:

8LEGS
05-02-2010, 10:18 AM
:2thumbs:welcome

Capt John
05-02-2010, 10:22 AM
:congrats::2thumbs:welcome:yes::yes::yes:

1VENOM
05-02-2010, 04:40 PM
:2thumbs: I like that, welcome :ohyea::ohyea::clap::congrats:

superfly3
05-02-2010, 10:04 PM
welcome:ohyea:

bodymanpainter
05-02-2010, 10:15 PM
:2thumbs:welcome:congrats:

bone crusher
05-03-2010, 11:09 PM
I just joined the ranks of MD Spyder owners with the purchase of a 2009 Phantom Spyder. :2excited: Still need to transfer the title, get it inspected, outfit it with tags and get my license. Any advice from others that have been through the process on making it easier and avoiding issues?

I'm really looking forward to getting it on the road but want to make sure its done right.

I live in Ellicott City/Columbia...as far as transferring title and what-not, the MVA is where you have to do this...hopefully, they'll have the Spyder info in their data bank so they know how to process everything.

You need a motorcycle license with a 'J' restriction, or just a motorcycle license. If you don't have either, take the learner's test at any full-service MVA. From there, you have to wait a couple of weeks before you can take the driving test, again, at any full service MVA...I was the first to take the test in MD, as far as I know....I took it up in Carroll County...the test isn't hard on the Spyder...a bit stressful, but easy to pass if you are familiar with your bike.

Oh, check Geico for insurance...

I ride when I can so if you want to catch up sometime, lemme know...

qasamm
05-11-2010, 04:49 PM
Insurance- covered; title- transferred (temp, full when I submit the paperwork); inspection- done; rider safety course- enrolled. Assuming I pass the class I'll be fully legal May 25th!

Thanks for all that helped along the way. Sooo eager to ride but want to make sure its done by the book.

Don Stombaugh
05-19-2010, 07:30 PM

Hi,

I'm from Leonardtown and I like riding with another :spyder2: , there are two of us in St Mary's County (my silver & black and Rodger's yellow & black) and we ride together often. So any time you want to get together just post in on this site and I'll be there. I don't mind long rides, I bought my Spyder in Easton (a 120 miles from home) and I go there for oil changes and maintenance all the time.

And welcome

Don :thumbup: