PDA

View Full Version : C0051 error code

2Gunns
05-02-2010, 06:31 AM
That dang flashing handle bar stayed up long enough yesterday for me to punch up the code error.... C0051.

Anyone know what that is?

docdoru
05-02-2010, 06:36 AM
C0051: Error in DPS module: SAS Adaptative Fault. Error in VCM module: Steering Wheel Position Sensor Failure.

Bootie
05-04-2010, 02:37 PM
I headed out from home on my 2010 RT when almost all the lights came on. ABS, VSS, Limp Home, Engine Fault (DPS, TCM) and the affore-mentioned handle bar indicator.:sour: I turned the engine off and back on and the lights all came on again.:( I turned around and headed back home. Even though the Limp Home light came on, I was still able to run at normal speeds (<50mph in the city).

I read for one of the faults (Engine,TCM) that I should remove the key and reinsert it. I did that and all the faults went away.;)
Now, I am glad I didn't limp all the way to my "Nearest Can Am Roadster Dealer (45mi) like the book says. But also I am a little apprehensive about the fault lights coming on again.:gaah:

Any thoughts?:chat:

InspectorGadget
05-04-2010, 06:03 PM
That dang flashing handle bar stayed up long enough yesterday for me to punch up the code error.... C0051.

Anyone know what that is?
How were you able to punch up the code?
Thanks C-YA RL

Lamonster
05-05-2010, 09:28 AM
How were you able to punch up the code?
Thanks C-YA RL
Hold down the "mode" and "set" button then hit the turn signal button.