PDA

View Full Version : Creep Issue (new issue)

Chezeburger
05-01-2010, 11:50 PM
I have just joined this site and my girlfriend and I picked up our RTS today.:yes:

We drove for about 100 miles and while she was driving alone with me following on my bike (shes only got a permit) :yikes: she experienced the creep issue.

She restarted the bike and off we went about 10 miles later is happened again and here is where ours is different. The bike would not come out of gear it stuck in 1st. Tried starting it with foot on brake as your suppose to and it would jump the bike forward (still in gear). Turned off waited, tried different things, end result is bike on flat bed going back to dealer :mad::gaah::helpsmilie:.

Has anyone had this issue and what was the outcome as they have a bulletin on the creep issue but it didn't say anything about this.

wcc002
05-02-2010, 12:11 AM
Kind of late for you as yours is already trucked, but what I did might help someone else. Since you're needing to start it in first gear, as you press the start button give it gas. I have to keep the RPMs above 1500 to keep it from killing.

Chezeburger
05-02-2010, 12:23 AM
Kind of late for you as yours is already trucked, but what I did might help someone else. Since you're needing to start it in first gear, as you press the start button give it gas. I have to keep the RPMs above 1500 to keep it from killing.

I hadn't tried that but the RPM's never had a chance to come up because the bike jumped forward like I was starting her in 1st gear without the clutch engaged.

On my manual shifts I would think the cable is not adjusted properly because even with the clutch handle pulled in it would still be engaged.
With the SE5 how would you "PULL" the clutch to be able to shift or even start without jumping forward, The starter can't start the bike and move it forward fast enough to get it started.

Bob